Where is heaven???

by Star Moore 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi...friends..was wondering about this lately. Could heaven be right here on earth in time? In 1Cor.15:35- 57.. Paul talk about our bodies being changed in a twinkling of eye from a fleshly body to a spiritual body. Also says from a corruptible to an incorruptible body, we will be changed. But doesn't say there, that the body will go up to heaven, just changed.. Just wondering if it was possible our bodies could be spiritual if they are not bent toward sin and imperfection like the bodies we are inhabiting now.

Also in John 14:1 &2..talks about Jesus preparing a place for us after telling Peter that he would stumble 3 X's...in verse 23...it says the father and himself shall come to us and make their abode with us. Doesn't say we will go up to heaven with them but they would come down with us....Could that be when the holy spirit was sent down on Pentecost 33CE..????

Also was thinking how for 4,000 years the Jews' hope was earthly. So it would make sense, in that sense..What do you think, friends??????

• fairchild
    fairchild

I think that you could ask this question to 100 people and you would get 100 different answers.

If we say heaven, we usually look up, but I'm sure it's just a tradition that we associate heaven with a place above the clouds. It could be there or it could not be.

Personally, I don't really know. But then, who does know? I do believe that we can create our own heaven by being good people and by being happy with what we have, be it materially or emotionally.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

How about...Lets find out! We will know when it is in our best interest to know. Of that I am sure. But don't let that stop you from seeking an answer to your question. If nothing makes sense...open the book..and ask Jesus.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it's right here on earth, and you are a god.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

as are YOU! I am sure....

or...pull up...stage...leave on green

• greendawn
    greendawn

Perhaps the word heaven has a non physical meaning and is not to be understood as a place in this physical universe, it may represent a certain mental state or states or a universe with more (perhaps eleven) dimensions than the four that exist in this universe.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Greendawn's thoughts ar in line with my own. Heaven is where God is and since God existed before he created the universe then heaven cannot be in the universe. Heaven must not be a place in the literally sense.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Where do you want it to be?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Heaven is in Your Mind (Winwood/Capaldi/Wood)

You ride on the swing in and out of the bars
    Capturing moments of life in a jar
    Playing with children, acting as stars
    Guiding your visions to heaven and heaven is in your mind
    Take extra care not to lose what up feel
    The apple you're eating is simple and real
    Water the flowers that grow at you heel
    guiding your visions to heaven and heaven is in your mind
  • DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Nice song!......I wish I could be there to hear you sing it......

I have a new question, and I am not allowed to start a new topic. Maybe you can help. Would you agree it was true that by his actions Judas loved money more than Jesus? Is there anyone on this earth who has not done the very same thing? Have we all betrayed Him? Do you think He could ever forgive us for that? "for the "love" of money is the "root" of all evil. How much money are your friends and family worth to you? I would like to "buy" them from you, so that I can watch them die. Mine however, are never going to be for sale as long as I am living and breathing. Never again. I can learn from my past mistakes. Can you?

Merry Christmas,

Your Brother,

Judas Iscariot. (The MOST "evil" or "dumb" person on the planet earth I know.)oror You decide...........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit