Old and Sick JW's must be discouraged how slow the Kingdom is coming....

by JH 18 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I wonder what goes through the mind of old and sick JW' s who never thought the new system would be so far away....................................................................................

My parents are "older" witnesses, and I haven't observed any discouragement regarding the time it's taking for Armageddon to arrive from the "it's just around the corner" position it has occupied for the entirety of my lifetime. The JW lifestyle makes them happy; it's a routine that they're accustomed to and comfortable with.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

they are on the hamster wheel and many of them consciously don't think about it. the strain of "expectation postponed, makes the heart sick" (gulp! quoted from the bible there - tee hee!)comes out in subconscience ways like poor health and mental problems. your body has ways of letting you know something is wrong when you try to run from problems that you need to deal with. I see this scenario playing out with very close family members that are still in and it breaks my heart at times...............

• JH
    JH
    they are on the hamster wheel

• greendawn
    greendawn

They probably think that the end will be soon and even if they die before it arrives, it will not be long before they are returned to life ie only short time in the grave.

• JH
    JH
    They probably think that the end will be soon and even if they die before it arrives, it will not be long before they are returned to life ie only short time in the grave.

But if they are married, they will not be together again............. I still think that millions are worrying because the kingdom is late

• blondie
    blondie

I have heard many JWs of the generation ahead of mine, 70's and 80's, express concern that the end was not coming in their lifetime. They have seen others die and wonder if they should hope any more to see the end before their lifetime. I have even heard 2 of the GB express the desire to be alive on earth to see the end rather than watch it from heaven. Dying and being resurrected was not the hope offered to thousands of JWs, "millions now living will never die."

w89 6/15 p. 6 ‘We Know They Will Rise in the Resurrection’ ***
    Millions of these are now looking forward to the swiftly approaching "war of the great day of God the Almighty," which will cleanse this earth of all unrighteousness. By God’s undeserved kindness, they will survive that great tribulation without ever dying at all.—Revelation 16:14; 21:14; Proverbs 2:21, 22.
  • JH
    JH
    Dying and being resurrected was not the hope offered to thousands of JWs, "millions now living will never die."

Exactly !!!

And ever more true today, some 40 years later.

• greendawn
    greendawn

"But if they are married, they will not be together again............."

Is that what the JWs believe? They can esaily find another spouse anyway.

Of course they gave them the more enticing prospect of never dying but if that fails a short time in the grave is a close second, in their mind.

However they are out of luck, despite what the WTS tells them they will not be returned to life until after the 1000 year kingdom comes to an end.

• JH
    JH
    They can esaily find another spouse anyway.

The resurrected ones don't get married.... says the Watchwhore

they will not be returned to life until after the 1000 year kingdom comes to an end.

Nope, during the 1000 years, and probably at the beggining....in order to teach the others the troof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit