More Good News On The Family Front

by Bstndance 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

A couple of weeks ago I posted something saying how it was shocking that my mom was missing meetings to bring my little brother to school competitions, etc etc...

So last night I called my mom to see how buying her first house was going. We talked and talked about everything. I told her I went and saw Brokeback Mountain and she asked me about it, and sounded slightly interested. So then I asked her what she did that day. It was Thursday the day when they have their school and service meeting. She listed a whole bunch of stuff and then said she didn't go to the meeting because they were too tired and have way too many things to do.

YAY! I really hope they're making their way out.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Bstndance:

She listed a whole bunch of stuff and then said she didn't go to the meeting because they were too tired and have way too many things to do.

Great stuff! Yes, when one is breaking free one suddenly realises there's a whole world out there full of interesting subjects to participate in; one can really start to feel alive and find genuine purpose in life.

Congratulations! Do continue to keep us informed of the wonderful progress your mom is making.

More and more are seeing the Tower for what it is. Wonderful news!

Ian

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

that is good news!

so what is or where is Brokeback Mountain?

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Isn't that the gay cowboys movie with...(the guy from a Knight's Tale)??

Hey! That's great news!! I wish something like that would happen with my father too..

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I don't know about that gay cowboy movie, but it's good news to hear when someone is fading. Remember though that sometime people fade away without ever letting go of the Watchtower. Their lives sometime become full of guilt for not keeping up with the "spiritual food". It's the mindset that must be faded away. Keep working on her, showing the benefits of a free mind to believe what you personally feel is right.

• Es
    Es

Its looking good hey.

Thats great

es

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit