What's Your LIFE MUSIC?

by prophecor 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• prophecor
    prophecor

I've been waiting for the music to stop. It's slightly pathetic, mildly chaotic. I'm living the 3rd side of the album, " The Wall " by Pink Floyd. Those of you who are Floyidians will understand.

a.Hey You

b.One of My Turns

c.Ohhh Babe

d.Comfortably Numb

I wanna' rush through this so my life can reach the side 4 portion.

a.In the Flesh-The Show Must Go On

b.Run Like Hell

It's a much more upbeat slice of music-life.

Ever feel like you were not just feeling your music, but living, deep inside it?

• Odrade
    Odrade

Well, I'd like to say something really cool, but since I don't know what that is, I'd say that most of my life would work well with a soundtrack played by Booker T and the MGs. :)

• prophecor
    prophecor
    Pink Floyd
    ยป

One Of My Turns

[spoken in background:]
    Oh my God, what a fabulous room!
    Are all these your guitars?
    This place is bigger than our apartment.
    Uh, could I have a drink of water?
    Ya want some? Huh?
    Oh wow! Look at this tub!
    Wanna take a bath?
    What're you watching?
    Hello?
    Are you feeling ok?

Day after day,
    Our love turns gray,
    Like the skin on a dying man.
    And night after night,
    We pretend it's all right,
    But I have grown older,
    And you have grown colder,
    And nothing is very much fun, anymore.
    And I can feel,
    One of all my turns coming on.
    I feel,
    Cold as a razor blade,
    Tight as a tourniquet,
    Dry as a funeral drum.

Run to the bedroom,
    In the suitcase on the left,
    You'll find my favorite axe.
    Don't look so frightened,
    This is just a passing phase,
    One of my bad days.
    Would you like to watch TV?
    Or get between the sheets?
    Or contemplate a silent freeway?
    Would you like something to eat?
    Would you like to learn to fly?
    Would ya?
    Would you like to see me try?
    Ooohh. No! Would you like to call the cops?
    Do you think it's time I stopped?
    Why are you running away?

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

...hearin ya...

~Merry

• avishai
    avishai

Well, Have you ever heard "luther wright and the wrongs" bluegrass version of the wall? I mean, it's like the whole album done bluegrass style. Maybe you should hear that just to get a change of perspective.....

Although, i have no room to talk, most of the stuff I've been listening to is straight up delta and country slide blues from the 1920's and thirties, with some folk murder ballads thrown n just for fun.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I have the wall but it's not my favorite floyd album. That reminds me, someone on this board has my best floyd album and yet to return it. grrrrrr

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

That's about how I feel about Linkin Park actually. I know exactly what you mean.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I like Ac/Dc "gone shootin", Pantera "cemetary gates", Junkyard "simple Man", Alot of 3 doors down, matchbox 20, Kansas "carry on my wayward son" kind of comes at the strangest of times, when I feel down, brings a couple of tears, and then "it is ON again!" I also like motley crue, Jackal, a bunch of country, 70's disco, (reminds me of when I was little), When I was a baby I cried until my Dad bought the eight track of "band on the Run." I really love music, I only hope someday I can learn how to do it too. I tried classes in H.S. and hated it. I think I am addicted to music sometimes even. Is there a support group anywhere for that? I got it bad!

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

if i had to choose an albumn to die to (or live to on a desert island), it would be either:

• Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid soundtrack by Bob Dylan (..."spend the night with some sweet senorita. into her dark hallway, she will lead ya. in some lonely shadow she will take ya...")
    • The Bach Suites for Solo Cello (#2 in Dm)
    • Insecticide by Nirvana
  • twolips
    twolips

I'm with you Phrofecor

Did you get to see them sing again, after what some 20 years at the tsunami releif concert in Hyde park (i think)? I actually teard up

After finding a 5.00 bill on the street I went and purshesed my fist record ever and it was Pink Floyd.

Two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl year after year..../...I am comfortably numb

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit