What are your family favorite movies?

by jeanniebeanz 23 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

You know, the ones you bothered to buy when they came out on video...

The kids have the next week and a half off, and I am looking for input on silly, funny, quirky movies to watch with the fam. Thought I'd start with Raising Arizona for today for it's sheer silliness, plus I adore Nicholas Cage.

Any suggestions?

J

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Maybe this is going back a bit but they were family favourites of ours and I believe would be well recieved by kids today too.

Short Circuit and Short Circuit 2. They are classics!

Number 5 is alive!
    Seriously if you can get your hands on these movies they will be great viewing.
  • jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I remember those! Very cute. Thanks for reminding me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Nemo, Pirates of the Carribean, really just about any Disney movie.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Catch me if you can, a great comedy with Hanks and Di Caprio.

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

House of a Thousand Corpses! (Otherwise known as: "A day in the Brooklyn Bethel")

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

LOTR and Harry Potter - we can watch that over and over

• poppers
    poppers

They aren't silly or quirky, but I highly recommend Anne of Green Gables, and its first sequel Anne of Avonlea. Also very good this time of year is Little Women - fantastic! More on the quirky side is Pleasantville and Blast From the Past.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Lord Of The Rings and Harry Potter and Star Wars

• twolips
    twolips

I'd have to say Raising Arizona too. We have been watching that one for years.

Princess Bride is up there too as the Three Cabilleros with Donald Duck . We loved to sing along. ....we're three happy chappies.. I always find some double meaning in that one lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit