Have any weird home remedies?

by free2beme 15 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was comparing notes awhile back with a friend, about some weird home remedies we were raised with and how often they do work. What I was wondering, did you have any of these in your family and if so, what were they. I will give you a couple of examples of my own.

For a cold, my mom would mix lemon juice, whisky and honey and warm them up and we would drink this as a home made cough syrup.

For headaches, I was always taught to place on palm of my hand on my forehead and another on my back lower neck.

For hang-overs, tomato juice, a raw egg, and some tobasco. Taste terrible when your hung-over, if you get it down though, within a few minutes you feel fine.

Waiting to hear others.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

For a severe sore throat I take a tablespoon or two of Jello gelatine - add hot water in a coffee cup and drink. The soreness will recede quickly and you can get on with your day. Of course no medical endorsement here. Works for mine anyway.

Jeff

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Sore muscles? I use horse linament from the country store. Works better than human ointments do.

Minor burns? Use a broken stem of aloe plant.

Jeff

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

When I got carsick during a family trip my grandfather told me to put paper on my chest. Mabyee he hoped that I would laugh about his remedy and forget about my stomach. I still laugh about it.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

For sore throat-- mix HOT cayenne pepper in warm water and drink. Burns like hell for a little bit...but works great!

For a hang over-----drink Gatorade, even before you start feeling sick.

I should have some more, but can't think of them right now. My family is BIG into natural medicine and home remedies.

• JH
    JH
    HOT cayenne pepper in warm water and drink. Burns like hell for a little bit...but works great!

No thanks

I'm pepper sensitive...and it burns me up fast.

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

RAT.... What if you had a sore throat? I swear, it would help

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

I heard that putting pee on them cures warts but I am not going to try it.....not that I have warts....oh dear this is getting worse (quietly slips out of room)

• JH
    JH

It's just that I'm very careful with pepper....

I get so red, when I use it. Kind of burns me up and I look like this smiley

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

If you have a hard time dealing with stress---- include vitamin B complex in your diet.

If you can't sleep---- drink Chamomile tea---knocks ya right out. It's even safe for children and babies....

Have a problem with cold sores--- take Lysine ( an amino acid)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit