re-post for ALL LURKERS TO BOYCOTT in Feb...

by in a new york bethel minute 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• LDH
    LDH
    come on just be irregular for one month!

You may want to change your invitation for the ladies. The last time I was irregular for one month I got a surprise about 8 months later.

• schne_belly
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There is an issue with this idea.

If you are still going to meetings and decided to boycott any JW activities you could conceivably be "outted" The WTS will have a heads up about it and could be on the outlook for posters here that don't show up for a month.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

If you are still going to meetings and decided to boycott any JW activities you could conceivably be "outted" The WTS will have a heads up about it and could be on the outlook for posters here that don't show up for a month.

nah i dont think it would be that obvious... you could just say you're busy with work etc...
    You may want to change your invitation for the ladies. The last time I was irregular for one month I got a surprise about 8 months later.

can you explain that to me when i'm older? ;)

bethel

• Scully
    Scully

Bethel:

February would be the "perfect" month for Canadian JWs to plan this kind of activity. I'm thinking a nice 2-week vacation in the Caribbean... with a week beforehand to get ready, and a week afterward to get back on track....

Another "twist" to the boycott, if you aren't wanting to be too conspicuous... sure, go in Service™.... just "forget" to turn in your Service Report™. Offer to drive the car group around, and let everyone else do their Return Visits™, and say you left your record book at home. Meetings? Why not engage in some Theocratic War Strategy™ and say you're visiting some of The Friends™ in another congregation while you enjoy a leisurely Sunday sleep-in and breakfast-in-bed. February is a really bad month for people to catch colds and other viruses, so why not take advantage of it! If someone catches you not being sick, tell them that so-and-so was coughing and spreading their cold at the meeting and it offends you that they would endanger your health and the health of your family in such a cavalier manner, and that you won't subject yourself to people who wilfully spread disease at the KH. (We used to have a family in our KH who did that, because they had a child who'd had several rounds of chemotherapy and was "very immune suppressed".)

Oh, and if you're doing the total boycott, be sure to report back here to let us know how many phone calls and visits of concern you received from your local congregation. Maybe we should give an award to the person who gets the most "attention" during the boycott.

• Ticker
    Ticker
    The last time I was irregular for one month I got a surprise about 8 months later.

Thats just damn freaky to us guys when a girl tells you she hasn't had her period yet. Ack!

Ticker

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    I almost wish I was going to meetings so I could stop going that month Almost.

Me too.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

The idea of a boycott might appeal to the surely large % of loyal but unhappy JW's. Many must be sensing that something is wrong, they just can't quite put their finger on it. They probably feel it is pointless or showing a negative, complaining spirit to write to the Society or moan to the elders and others in the congo (fear of being regarded as an apostate, etc). So unitedly just 'abstaining' from all JW activity for a month, not necessarily Feb 06, might send a message to the Society. If others in the congo ask where they have been lately, they can just reply, 'Oh, we're just having a break'. Many JW's fantasize about having a 'holiday' from the burdensome programme of works for a few months, or longer. This weariness and/or boredom is often the motive to eventually chucking it in altogether.

Unfortunately the idea is a waste of time because no JW's will ever learn about the proposal from boards like this, unless the rumour somehow gained life and momentum, spreading thru gossip or text messages or on JW boards or something. To start it persons on here would probably have to hijack some pro-JW boards, masquerading as genuine JW's, and discreetly starting the story on there. And then these threads on here would have to be deleted so none of them catch on that it was engineered by 'apostates'. Mind you most of them think they are in a spiritual paradise so what is there to boycott for anyway?

It's a nice idea tho - perhaps one day?

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

Uh, unless I'm wrong, I think this idea is ONLY for lurkers on the board...not the JW population in general. So it is getting spread to those here. It does make me wish I was still going so I could particpate too. Great idea.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

NO, the idea is to start a rumour that reaches the JW population so any unhappy but loyal JW can do the boycott. What would be the point of people on here, 90% of whom don't go to meetings anyway, only boycotting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit