re-post for ALL LURKERS TO BOYCOTT in Feb...

by in a new york bethel minute 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

this was a post in the "friends" section but i think it's important and a really good idea.. but it's gonna get washed away by other topics...

How about every lurker on here and all others spreading the news that unhappy JW's worldwide are to do a general boycott of all JW related activities (meetings, FS, etc) in for the entire month of February 2006. Would be interesting to see what happens to the US average publishers for that month... come on just be irregular for one month!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Interesting Idea. Can it get wings?

Jeff

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

LOVE the idea!

I almost wish I was going to meetings so I could stop going that month! Almost.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Can we GIVE it wings? It is a beautiful idea.

I am picturing in my mind, though, all those people who would step one step backward and leave a few stepping forward. IF EVERYONE does this, Brooklyn would get the message. FINALLY, Brooklyn would get the message.

How do we spread the news? Newspapers? They might really go for an idea like this, as a human interest piece. [whistles] Oh, Danny!!!

AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Oh, and you left out donating. That should be boycotted, too.

AuldSoul

i thought it was such a good idea when i read it this morning... and it's so easy to participate in, since it's PASSIVE participating... they don't have to DO anything, they just have to NOT DO stuff...

i think that it can get wings because it's just for a month... it's very non-committing... i really hope to hear about the february slump, but here's a little problem: in canada they will attribute it to the whether, so we'll have to make sure to arrange another one in the spring or early summer months

bethel

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    in canada they will attribute it to the whether, so we'll have to make sure to arrange another one in the spring or early summer months

Yeah, April would be a good month here. It would screw up their Auxiliary pioneering™ statistics.

W

yipes did i actually spell weather like whether???

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

It would be hilarious if hardly anyone was regular for the month of April EXCEPT the Auxiliary Pioneers! Maybe the month should be changed? It would give us more time to spread the word/prepare, as well.

AuldSoul

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry, I started my boycott almost 4 years ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit