Help Needed

by Genesis 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Dearest Genesis;

You do not have to fear leaving the Watchtower. The Watchtower admits it is not infallible or devine or inspired. The Bible claims to be. You do not have to throw your Bible away (maybe even collect many versians), you do not have to leave your relationship with Jehovah.

Your relationship will change and evolve into a more healthy one. One where you learn to hear the voice of God in your heart as He leads you through life personally. Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

I suggest two things; first, you should get counseling for your mixed feelings, very important. Second, get a Strongs Exhaustive Concordance, and start researching key words one at a time. For example; look up the word "Kingdom" and read what the word means in Greek, what the word looks like in Greek, and search every example of how the word is used in the New Testament. Compare different Bibles.

There is so much confusion in the Body of Christ because of misinterpreted Scriptures. IF we believe the Bible is valid, then we need to interpret it one way; the way it was meant to be taken when it was written! The Watchtower has misinterpreted it many times over the years and has admitted it. There is no "New Light" in 2000 years. The Bible has been here, the Apocripha has been here, and related writings like Josephus and Tertulian and many others for aprx 2000 years!

WELCOME to the Forum. Take special care of your needs. You feel a great responsibility, relax, smile. I have sons your age. Even though my nickname is Apostate Kate, I am never apostate from God. Only the Watchtower because of what they have done to the Word of God, and how they have destroyed peoples lives in God's name. LOVE~Kate {{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    Are you afraid, outside do you sometimes that youre wrong and the end of the world is coming soon ? How do you feel your spiritual needs ? Sorry for my English, im from Quebec canada...

John 14:21 He that hath my commandments [to LOVE], and keepeth them [to LOVE], he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words [to LOVE]: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

John 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. [God loves us just the way we are unconditionaly]

Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Dearest young man, feel the precious love that God has for you. It is all about love. There is no fear in Gods awesome love. 2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

You are deeply loved.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Thanks all, I appreciate your help very much. As the time goes by, I feel more determinated to leave. Tonight there was a message on my answering machine of My first bible teacher, my mentor, the man that had saved me from my last apostary struggle and kept me in the "Truth". His voice was painful... i felt bad but it wont change my decision, IM FREE FREE FREE FREE !!!!!!!! I think that i will ask to be disfellowshipped cause whenever a brother or sister talk to me it hurt me, hurt me to see him (her) with pain for me and it make me feel bad for a day so Id better be leaved alone from them...

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I have a question to ask you people : Are you afraid, outside do you sometimes that youre wrong and the end of the world is coming soon ? How do you feel your spiritual needs ?

Genesis, welcome to the JWD forum! I forced the Governing Body to order my disfellowshipping in 1992 after almost 20 yrs as a JW. My main reason was that I could not find the "love for one another" to identify them as truly God's people. Though I was alone (without friends or family) for 7 yrs afterward, I never doubted that they were wrong.....because their actions speak much louder than their words....and their actions tell anyone willing to "listen" and see that they actually love to hate. They've put their own "spin" on the scriptures' meanings and pumped their followers full of fear. Within the WTS, there is all too much condemnation, suspicion (sp?), spying and tongue-wagging (these are their unpublished main activities) against one another....they constantly JUDGE their fellow members, as well as those not within the WTS. That's not love and I want no part of it.

No regrets.

No fear.

My blood pressure returned to normal after my disfellowshipping.

FrannieB

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie
    think that maybe i should replace my social circle before leaving, job and thoughts and then when i will have a backup frame i will leave the old one... last time i moved too fast

Hi Genesis,

You will find much support here. Many people have been in your situation.

You already have a good plan: Replace your social circle. Find people at school or work that you can get along with and who won't judge you. They will help you to make the transition into the world OUTside of the Watchtower Organization. Feel free to post here as often as you like.

and welcome to the discussion forum

YC

• Panda
    Panda

At 15 you are making some amazing descisions. My hope is that you will continue to answer your own questions in your own time. I think that body building sounds like fun. I've known people of varying ages who've taken up body building and they always seem to enjoy the company they keep.

If this helps; every human being has some level of fear of change. You sound like you had a panic attack. I feel for you and totally know where you're coming from. Religion is such a personal and highly emotional subject that you'll find gaining knowledge about the JW's organization will help, because after you've gained knowledge (they really are a book publishing company pretending to serve God) you really are stuck with knowing it, good or bad, pro or con.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Dear Genesis,

Bonjour! Comment ca va? I was in Quebec for 2 months when I was 14 to learn french. That was $1000 down the la toilet. Anyways, i am 22 and you sound like me when I was 17. That was when I started having doubts about the "truth" Ironically, at that time-I had been finally caught of my long time secret of having a wordly boyfriend (thank you to all those who ran to their elder fathers to tattle on me) and so became a downward spiral of confusion, hopelessness, unansewred questions and fears.

When I did go to the elders with my many questions I was soon accused of having "independant thinking." That just made me even more suspicious and so I would spend countless hours doing research online. And I urge you to do the same.

For awhile- yes I was scared that I was gonna die in Armmageddon, that I was not gonna make it to the Paradise. I actually started getting over that fear not too long ago. It will be a long journey for you Genesis. If you ever need to talk you can email me at [email protected] Cause I have been there and I would never ever want to go back.

I do urge you to be careful as to who you talk to!!! Those you think are your "friends" in the congregation will go to the elders most likely once you start talking about your doubts to them. Best thing to do is FERMEZ LA BOUCHE!

So do you still talk to your parents? Are they tryin to get reinstated? If not perhaps it is time you made that move to live with them instead? I still live at home and that is the only reason why I consider myself still a witness.

Hopefully, you will slowly get over all your fears. I am still VERY afraid of being D'F but thats just because again I still live at home and I have this suspicion that the elders would urge my parents to kick me out or at least not help me financially if I was to be D'F. So until I am at least half way done with school, have saved some money and the whole bit I will stay put.

Wow. You've never even held a girl's hand? Man, I was baptized at 14 but lost my virginity of 17. Of course again, even later on I actualy thought of confessing this "sin" to the elders. I had to stop myself for a second. Many times- I did still have that witness mentality.

Again, I urge you to keep quiet! Those you call "friends" in the hall will tell the elders on you if you babble away about your concerns! It happend to me! Trust me on that one.

Bonne Jouneur!

-StillA

• bailabklyn
    bailabklyn

Genesis - Welcome! First off i'm a fitness junkie (it's my field) so the fact that you're into bodybuilding and NLP totaly got me excited :-). In response to your post: <<But the fact is that im tired of the fear. The fear of the gods wrath, of dying in Harmagguedon of being disfellowshipped of bein a mean person..... I think its not God love.>> I agree. I don't feel that God can support an organization that is so fear-based. Fear is the opposite of love. i think we're on the same page. << And im tired of having others saying waht to think>> Exactly. Having other people tell you what to do/think/act hinders your own personal growth. When you do eventually leave the organization, you will experience growing pains initially. It's inevitable but they DO go away. You'll be fine. But it does take time to 'find yourself" after being sheltered for so long. It's almost like being let loose in a foreign land. But it'ds a GOOD thing. Dont' let it scare you back into the "safety" of the organization. It's stiff but stifling. you cannot live up to your full potential while living as JW in my opinion. When you say "depressed," what do you mean? <<I think that maybe i should replace my social circle before leaving, job and thoughts and then when i will have a backup frame i will leave the old one>> Good idea. One of my friends did this. It helped him tremendously. <<Are ou afraid, outside do you sometimes that youre wrong and the end of the world is coming soon ? How do you feel your spiritual needs ?>> Never. Expose yourself to other belief systems. you've been taught that the JW way is the only way. JW beliefs are right, everyone else's a wrong. You'll soon realize that they are like every other extreme group of thinkers or like every other extreme religious group. You'll be fine! :-)

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

It is so difficult when you have doubts. Take it one step at a time. I suggest you get together with some other XJW's who are now christian (there are a lot out there) it will help for you to know you are not the only one. IT's been almost 4 years and I wouldn't or couldn't go back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit