What do you like most about Xmas/New Year?

by greendawn 4 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

What do you like most about the Christmas and New Year celebrations? The cakes, the food in general, the decorated Christmas tree, the sense of peace and joy? Any pleasant childhood memories it elicits?

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

For me, it will the feeling of freedom to enjoy the celebrations this year, for the first time since 1980. I will let you know what my favourite bit was after the event, but I am looking forward to it all at the moment

• Intuition
    Intuition

The childhood memories of my Christmas' passed ... sitting in the Library at school while the rest of the class had a party, having my mother give back my gift from my Grammy, not agreeing with not celebrating the holidays and being reprimanded for questioning Jehovah's teachings ... All in all, not very pleasant memories from my childhood.

What I have now are wonderful memories since I am now an adult and have been df'd since I was 20. I love seeing children enjoying the lights and gifts giving. I love being with the family members who aren't JWs.

I personally & quietly celebrate Christmas for it's pagan origins, but completely accept society's celebrations. Getting together with family and friends is always a wonderful time to celebrate!

Let's not forget bringing in the new year! What better way to think of all the wonderful accomplishments from the past 12 months, create goals for the coming 12 months, and be thankful I am healthy and alive with wonderful friends in my life!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Baking Italian cookies. I love that.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Full of doubt let us know what you loved in your first real Xmas after an astonishing two or three decades.

Intuition that was really nasty returning to your Grandma her Xmas present to you, what diabolical things the borg can get people to do!

Rebel don't you have seasonal sweets for Xmas in New York, (Fruit) mince pies, Xmas puddings, stollen cakes etc?

For me it's the childhood memories and the merry ambience then the food and the xmas songs - Bing Crosby, I am dreaming of a white Xmas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit