2005 JWD Annual Report

by seattleniceguy 30 Replies latest jw friends

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Well, 2005 is drawing to a close, and that means its time for another edition of SNG's annual report.

I have quite arbitrarily decided that our JWD year ends on December 15, and using the member directory, I have extracted a few statistics. This past year, 4973 new members signed up for a new total of 21081 members, or a 30.9% increase. Our increase of 4973 breaks down to about 414 new members per month, or (using the Society's published average of 65 publishers per congregation) approximately 6.4 congregations a month!

It is also interesting to look at our increase in context:

Year ending 12/15/2003: 3203 new members
    Year ending 12/15/2004: 4896 new members
    Year ending 12/15/2005: 4973 new members

As we can see, not only are we gaining new members from year to year, but the actual rate of increase in absolute numbers is itself increasing.

It is true that this number does not directly reflect the actual number of people who leave the organization. It is only loosely bound to that unknowable number because it includes people who have been out for some time and only recently discovered this board; those who are still in physically but are making their escape mentally; Witness apologists or observers who have not yet (or will not ever) leave; and a small minority which signs up by accident, believing we are a different type of board.

However, the steady increase leads me to believe that we are helping to facilitate healing at a greater and greater pace. I believe that as the growth of the organization continues to cool off in the coming years, we will find only greater and greater increases on this and other boards. I'm glad to be able to contribute my thoughts to the community as many others move through the difficult but necessary step of leaving the organization.

As before, my cat sends his warm feline greetings.

SNG

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yeah, SNG, way to go!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was great of you SNG to put together and attempt to analyse these statistics, I was surprised that there are so many members old and new on this forum, I used to think there were 6000 - 8000 members. Nice to see nearly 5000 new members in a year.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thank you Brother SNG. Now we may rise and sing together song number 23, ' Bringing Truth to the Fore'. Please sing in a stirring march tempo. Afterwards we will ask brother Gladiamout to close with prayer.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Good work SNG. I believe that less than 10% of people who leave the jw's end up signing here.Goes to show that a lot of people are walking away from the Tower.

Goldminer

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Woot take that WTS.

• Jourles
    Jourles

But how many anointed do we have??? That is the only true indicator of how close we are to the end of this system of things!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

thanks SeattleNiceGuy - hmmm - what is the greater JW or ex-JW?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

We have a few dozen who might otherwise claim to be of the "anointed".
    Statistically we have a greater ratio then they do

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Thank you for gathering these figures, SNG!

I didn't know there were that many people signing up. There must be thousands of lurkers who haven't even joined yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit