Glad to be back

by fullofdoubtnow 9 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi everyone,

I am so glad to be back on the board. I have had a really bad bout of flu, and was out of circulation for over two weeks. Having no pc at home, it's been difficult to keep up with things, but dedpoet has kept me informed. He phoned me every day while I was ill, and visited 4 or 5 times a week, did my shopping, cooked me meals on his days off, and has generally been an absolute saint. He kept me in touch with the board as well, but it's so good to be back. News of my illness got back to the jws as well, through a sister who works at the same place, and my former po actually phoned me, not to wish me a speedy recovery but to say if I hadn't left, the congregation would have attended to my needs, but I am on my own now! I just told him I have had more than adequate support from my worldly friends, and hung up. I don't know what he was trying to achieve by calling, but I doubt if he succeeded.

Anyway, I am feeling much better now, and looking forward to being with you all again on the board.

all my love

Linda

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Good to see you back and glad you're feeling better!!! Dedpoet sounds like a really great friend...unlike some people we might mention:

my former po actually phoned me, not to wish me a speedy recovery but to say if I hadn't left, the congregation would have attended to my needs, but I am on my own now!

Way to show Christian love! I'll bet that just makes us all want to come rushing back into "the fold." Although I'm not quite buying that the congregation would have rallied around to tend to your needs if you are still in, but maybe I'm wrong.

~Merry

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    my former po actually phoned me, not to wish me a speedy recovery but to say if I hadn't left, the congregation would have attended to my needs, but I am on my own now!

well now, we all have our 'different' ways of saying "Merry Christmas", don't we. (what a jerk). Glad to see you're feeling better..... get plenty of rest... it's not the time to have a relapse !

take care,

D.E.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Actually merry, you are right, when I have been ill in the past, I have very little support from the congregation, they almost seem to forget your existence if you miss a few meetings due to illness. The elderly who struggled to get to meetings were treated just the same, as was a brother in a wheelchair who had to move into a care home when his father died, such loving people. Dedpoet is more of a friend than any of them ever were.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I kinda figured...(((((((hugs)))))))

~Merry

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

I am glad you're back! If I lived closer, I'd fix you a nice cup of tea, or a hot toddy with brandy! And I bet none of them would've come near you if you were sick! They would have avoided you like the plague! Take it easy.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I'm glad your back too! Although your relatively new in these parts your experience has made an impact on many of us here. I was hoping you hadn't disappeared for good! Hope you are well and truly over your bout of sickness!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Anyway, I am feeling much better now, and looking forward to being with you all again on the board.

GREAT! It's good to have you back!

Ian

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    through a sister who works at the same place, and my former po actually phoned me, not to wish me a speedy recovery but to say if I hadn't left, the congregation would have attended to my needs, but I am on my own now!

I read this line to my husband...he said..."ah yes, that's exactly what Jesus would have done."

Did they ever go out of their way to help you when you were in? They never did me, I was told it was because JW's are busy people. Whatever.

Glad your'e feeling better and you have people around you that really do care.

lisa

• luna2
    luna2

Welcome back! Glad you are recovered! Your ex-PO is a total putz.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit