just wrapped my first christmas gift...

by in a new york bethel minute 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• hartstrings
    hartstrings

Anniversaries, baby and bridal showers, random I'm thinking about your gifts; I've had plenty of experience wrapping prior to my first year celebrating Christmas.

I LOVE WRAPPING gifts. Gift bags are evil. There is something so magical about watching someone rip open a present that just doesn't compare to pulling away a few pieces of tissue. I also love huge expansive hand-made bows.

• JackC
    JackC

My wife and I have spent 30+ years with the bOrg. During the past year we have researched and studied more information than in the previous 29 years. Conclusion --- Whack Jobs with no wayout. So we have bought a life time of toys for our three kids (9, 6, 2) they are just plain happy, thankfully they don't appear to be damaged (wish we could say the same).

I hope all are spending this 'pagan holiday' with loved ones that actually care about humanity and their neighbors. Fortunately my wife has Aunts and Cousins that are not JW's and have /are providing a loving, warm environment for us to grow and heal in. We determined, from this, that Xmas is about family and kids, reflecting on the bonds that keep the world sane. How many actually sit around making it a religious event. Few if any in this area (upstate NY).

Enjoy,

J

Oh yeah, not df'ed yet, but can't wait.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    My m-i-l collects that blue English pottery... Cant think of the name but it's pretty pricey

It's WEDGEWOOD!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    it was fun! the only thing that sucked about it was the fact that i had no idea how to wrap a gift... late 20's and i've never wrapped a present before???? hahaha ONLY IN THE JW FAITH IS THAT POSSIBLE!!!

I wrapped gifts for many years before I was a JW, and also anniversary gifts while I was one. I still suck at it. Buy gifts at stores that will do the wrapping for you. Or mail the gifts so you can blame the post office for making the wrapping look so shitty.

W

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Welcome jack!

So glad you are out and on your way to recovery with your precious children. Spoil the heck out of them. Jesus first birthday was one big party on heaven and earth. The wise men (not evil sorcerers) searched for so long to find Jesus to give him his birthday Christmas gifts!

We are preparing for a Friday night party our church is sponsering for the Angel Tree charity. We buy gifts on behalf of incarcerated parents for their children so the children don't miss out because mommy or daddy is in jail. The gifts come with little notes from the parent to their children. And we just throw them a party with LOVE!

My dear hubby is the wrap master around here. I suck at it. Maybe JW roots.. dunno. Duct tape makes perfect sense to me. I wrapped one in brown paper and pretty ribbon and stickers and it must not look too nice cause hubby said he would "help me" wrap the rest. Pretty cool though he wraps his first one and says "hey honey look at this one can you even see the seam?" He is a detail man. He matched the pattern perfectly! hhmmmmmmm I'm thinking I would like to do some wallpapering since he is so GOOD at this and all. oh yeah then he made red yard fuzzy bows!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

• TheApostateBitch
    TheApostateBitch

OH MY GOD.....you've made me think of my first one. Wow.........It looked so horrible. lol. Enjoy your Christmas. Dont know how long you were a witness for anything but definately enjoy it, sweetie. :)

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

My lovely (and true) friends at work, have bought me gifts at christmas for the past 4 years despite my non celebration. this year I decided to start small, ie I bought them gifts and cards and have returned cards to those who sent them to me. My very best friend made a huge deal and bought me a fluffy card that says 'Babys first Christmas' which just brought tears to my eyes. They've stuck with me and although not understanding have never made a deal over the christmas thing. This year I've had SUCH fun buying them presents!!!!

Poppy x

• Purza
    Purza

I totally suck at wrapping gifts. My new boss just bought me a "How to Gift Wrap" book, but it hasn't seemed to help.

Purza

• Plummet
    Plummet

Ohh I love to wrap gifts I learned from my "worldly" Step mother. I love to match up patterns and get everything perfect.

I once gave my then girlfriend a rose scented candle in a jar, and I spent an hour wrappinging it in tissue paper. In the end It looked like a giant red and white rose. It was sooo cool, I should have taken pictures.

This year I have also wrapped my first x-mas presents in a long time, for a good friend and his family.

• divejunkie
    divejunkie

Congratulations! But I got you beat, it took me 35 years before I wrapped my first XMas presents and put up my first tree! My best friend who is in the same situation and I joke about this constantly! You are right: only a JW! Because other religions may not celebrate Christmas, but they celebrate something! JW's live the most incredible boring lives in mankind. Have fun ringing in the New Year!!! hahaha

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit