Scientology & Hollywood

by JAVA 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JAVA
    JAVA

This is just in from the AP this morning; Scientology knows how to wine and dine folks in Hollywood to become good little couch jumpers on national TV: :)
    "Tom Cruise's faith in Scientology was nurtured at a secretive Southern California desert compound that catered to his needs around the clock, a newspaper reported.
    Behind the guarded gates of the 500-acre compound near Hemet, about 90 miles east of Los Angeles, Cruise had a personal supervisor to oversee his studies in a private course room, ex-members said.
    Cruise stayed at the resort for weeks at a time, arriving by car or helicopter, the Times reported.
    The ex-church members said Cruise stayed in a bungalow near a golf course and had a special staff to prepare his meals, do his laundry and handle other tasks around the clock."

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I used to like his movies but then I saw a couple of his interviews and all i saw was a rude, arrogant, abusive brat.

If that's what scientology does, it sure doesn't have good disciples!

• JAVA
    JAVA

"rude, arrogant, abusive" Hey ozzie, are you talking about what happens to JWs going through Elder's School or the Scientology program for rich Holywood stars? :))

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Scientology is abusive to say the least. That in part, they say, is what led to the break-up of Tom and Nicole Kidman. He was really getting into it and she didn't want "to get into it." She wanted to raise the children Catholic because she had been raised that. Insiders said that when Tom went looking for a new partner, he basically attempted to recruit many single Hollywood actresses by dating them and then inviting them to Scientology events. Many of the women didn't take the bait, however poor Kate did...now she's going to have his baby...FREE KATE!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

we could always boycott his movies - starve him out??

• TresHappy
  • Bstndance
    Bstndance

Jessica Alba and Scarlett Johansen were two of the women that turned down his offers.

But talk about creepy: Usher was spotted at a Scientology fundraiser with Tom Cruise

• blondie
  • luna2
    luna2

I was rather glad that John Travolta's ode to what'shisface, L. Ron, tanked. I did read the book (Battlefield Earth) way back in my youth, but it was long and violent and I got bored with it....had no desire to see the movie at all. Wonder if L. Ron's science fiction novels are supposed to be come-ons for his religion?

Scientology is way weird, even more weird than JW crapola. Guess its just another confirmation that people can get sucked into just about anything.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

It's really creepy here in LA with all the people who are dying to succeed in the "biz".

The scientologists hold "industry seminars" about how to make it in the biz with celebrity guests and casting agents. Then in fine print it says all people in attendance receive some RLH book. I've had an actress friend of mine say she was asked by a casting agent if she was a scientologist, because if she was one he would get her an audition for some project. If people are in a bad spot in their life, they might take the chance to see if they can succeed.

I always laugh at how they are so against Psychiatry. They have a museum in Hollywood with a name like The International Commission on Human Rights. The place has nothing to do with human rights, just a place where they trash Psychiatry. I believe Psychiatry gives people the tools to help them think for themselves and sort out problems on their own, that's probably why they are so against it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit