What if a "leader" defended people rather than judging and punishing them?

by DavidChristopher 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I have often wondered this...Everyone wants to be a leader. So if a leader defended people, and others wanted to be like him, would everyone defend others Now it seems "cool" to be a punisher and judge, what if the president changed and started defending people accused of things? Jesus that I read about would, and DID. I would like to be like him, is that wrong? I have found much happiness in defending people. I have even been helped by those I have defended. Isn't a savior supposed to save others, or is a "judge" and "savior" and "punisher" the same thing? So a cop would be a savior to one person and a judge and punisher to another? Is that how it works?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'm convinced Jesus would be much more loving and understanding than most churches teach. They project their own impatience and lack of love for fellow human beings on Jesus. It all makes me sick. What makes me even more sick is that some people seem to like Jesus that way.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

David

You may want to read the book of the revelation, what does it say about the one who will in righteousness judge and make war? (chapter 19)

D Dog

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

D Dog, I am not sure, I have read it "inside and out" looking up every footnote and tracing them down. Making "war" is done different ways by different people. The truth itself is a powerful sword, that can destroy a lie very quickly. If people are accepting someones lie as the "truth", what happens when the real "truth" comes on the scene? Kind of cool actually, like punishing peoples deeds, rather than them themselves. i am confident that the God I serve is not going to destroy millions without first bringing HIS truth to light. Would it be right to kill a bunch of ignorant people, who can't tell a lie from the truth? this is a question God himself posed to Jonah. It would warm my heart to see all the powerful "organizations" running around trying to convince everyone that they "believe" that the truth is the world is really flat! Because, once the truth is known, that is exactly what their efforts will amount to. I never seen a "theory" overpower a "fact". Try convincing me to touch a hot stove because it won't really burn me.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

David

I'm still not sure what you are driving at, but don't you think this is "judgment"?

Mat 23:27

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchers, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. 28 Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchers of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell? 34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

All of Chapter 23 is a judging of the Pharisees is it not? It looks to me like he is telling them, that they are rotten to the core. I can't find anywhere he defended them!

I believe Jesus "judges people" but is a righteous judge.

Would it be right to kill a bunch of ignorant people, who can't tell a lie from the truth?

Doesn't the Bible say there is not such person?

Rom 3:10

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

I never seen a "theory" overpower a "fact"

It would warm my heart to see all the powerful "organizations" running around trying to convince everyone that they "believe" that the truth is the world is really flat! Because, once the truth is known, that is exactly what their efforts will amount to.

Read some of the threads on evolution!

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

well, I guess If He judges them, then he knows their hearts, Me, I can't, so I have to try my best to convice them to turn back from their evil ways. Would that be the "right" thing to do? Is that what He would want me to do? Is it what they would want me to do? Problem is, I guess I don't know enough truth yet, so it is back to searching for more. I don't think the truth is found in a awake either.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

David

then he knows their hearts

You hit the nail right on the head that time

I guess I don't know enough truth yet, so it is back to searching for more

Don't put yourself down

I don't think the truth is found in a awake either

I can't agree more

You keep asking very good questions!

D Dog

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

You know, If I even think I know enough to quit searching, then I would be in the same rut as our misguided friends. If I ever forget I am a student, and think for one moment I am a teacher, I am as good as lost. I have a teacher, Jesus, the Word of God, the bible. I believe and hope he can become everyone elses teacher as well. I would not want a bunch of people who didn't know me, teaching my kids about me if I was away. Would you? I am completely satisfied being a student, as I am always learning new things. Further, I would be quite content being a son of God, but I don't want to be God, there would be nothing new to learn. i never want new information to become a threat to me, as I think is going to happen to them in due time.

Hard on myself? no I would say I am being "honest" with myself.

You know, if I was ever to attain the opinion of being the wisest man on earth, it would be only because I realize the extent of my own ignorance. And it would be my duty to share it all freely with everyone, to make everyone equal to me, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I realize it would be a threat to others who try to horde it, sell it, to remain superior over others, I would have to say they can kiss my ass.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

I'm not sure judging and defending are mutually exclusive.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

what do you mean by"mutually exclusive"? Can you simplify that for me?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit