Dry Water massage?

by hillbilly 9 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

How many of you folks have used dry- water massage equipment?

What did you think of it?

What kind of location did you use it in? Mall, Dr.s office, tanning salon etc?

I used one in a Detroit- area mall........ I liked it so much I'm thinking of buying one.

~Hill

• wombat
    wombat

I like pulsating shower heads

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Gina and I have used them at the mall. I think it's great, about the most relaxing thing I've experienced. I'd sure buy one if I had [whatever crazy amount they cost] to throw around.

Dave

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Please explain...does dry water not sound like an oxymoron to anyone else? Are you talking about that casket thingy you crawl into and the plastic keeps you from getting wet??? I haven't tried that as I too claustrophobic!!!

Swalker

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi hillbilly,

I've used that machine a few times at the chiropractor's office. It was fantastic! except for the noise. Also, the machine generates a lot of heat, so if you get one, place it in a well ventilated area.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

oooo...i like those...they're nice.

luv, jojo

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

I tried one when I went to Florida a couple years ago. I was really stressed at the time and it was a very nice massage. I wish I could afford one.

SWALKER - Give it a shot. They put headphones on you that keep out noise as well as a blindfold. I didn't feel enclosed at all, just very relaxed and completely detached from everything.

• caligirl
    caligirl

I have once a few years ago - it felt fantastic. They had headphones with relaxing music to cover the noise. I remember asking at that time what the $$ damage was and I think they told me $40k. I don't know if that was accurate though.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Is it better than a real massage? I haven't tried the water ones but I wonder how they could be as good as an old-fashioned hands-on massage, because a masseuse can sense your muscular problems and focus on them.

• Jourles
    Jourles

When I went to Albuquerque last year, an old coworker of mine owned one of these devices as a side business in the ABQ airport. He gave me a couple 15 minute freebie gift cards to try it out. It was pretty cool. It has the distinct advantage over a normal massage in that you don't have to take off your clothes.

If you ever see one, try it out. You'll be pleasantly amazed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit