Did YOU Ever Get Into Trouble While Another JW Got Off The Hook???

by minimus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I knew of people where 1 confessed to fornication with another person (usually male) and the male denied it. Since no proof---he gets off (pardon the pun) scotfree and she has all privileges removed and is reproved.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Yea............me too. Isnt the double /double standard a grand way to run a railroad?

~Hill

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I know none of you here will believe that I ever got in trouble but it's true...and I got off easy several times while others got the ax!!! I really don't know why either. Maybe because I was always going out in service even on Sunday afternoons when no one else would...

Here's a story that few people know about me...I got really upset over some things going on in my personal life and had a few too many drinks...(which was not a habit!) and I took off all my clothes but undies and jumped in the pool...several others joined me...I didn't get anything but counsel, they got publicly reproved...go figure.

I hope none of my family is reading this!!!

Swalker

• ballistic
    ballistic

SWALKER - have you got any PICS?

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

I shared an apartment for a while with the PO's daughter. Looking back, I don't understand why I put up with her as long as I did. She would hit on any boy I professed an interest in, had affairs with married men, one night stands galore - some of them would be considered statutory rape in a court of law, smoked, did drugs, and also invited a DF'd boy to live with us (I no objection to this last, just citing it because it went against JW rules in more ways than one).

I took to propping a 2 x 4 under my door handle at night because of all the strange guys that would be in the apartment late at night. That was after I woke up one night needing to use the bathroom - I opened me door to see two seedy looking guys standing in the hallway, literally on the other side of door, waiting in line for a turn in her bedroom! I decided I didn't need to use the bathroom that badly and shut the door again. Just creepy.

Right before Y2K she got cold feet and started going back to the meetings. I saw the way the wind was blowing and moved out of the apartment. Sure enough, I got called in for an elder's meeting - she'd tattled on me for my many sins...my loose morals and my smoking habit.

My morals were those of a nun's compared to hers - and I had quit smoking months before this incident occurred. I denied her charges, let the elders in on some of the things she'd really been up to, and was DF'd for an unrepentant attitude. Translation - I wouldn't come back to the meetings.

She got put on public reproof. They couldn't do a private because word had gotten out about her "activites" since some of them were with other Witnesses.

At the same time she blew the whistle on me she also did so on another friend. She knew this person was waiting for the right time to approach the elders and she totally disregarded that. (Long story and not really mine to tell.)

That whole timeframe wasn't the first time she had stabbed either of us in the back - but it was definitely the last! I used to really hate her - now I feel sorry for her because I know how screwed up her family was.

She DA'd herself about 6 months after the whole reproval incident and I've only talked to her once since. She called and wanted to be "friends again". Everything she said was very untruthful - lies upon lies - about things that had happened with the elders, etc. Some things never change. I was polite and I gave her an earful on the glaring errors in JW doctrine. I said I would call her again, but I never did. You can only get hit by a truck so many times before you start stepping out of the road.

• aniron
    aniron

We had an Elder in our congregation who's kids seem to get away with all sorts.

One daughter was pregnant when she got married. She and the guy were just "reproved".

A younger daughter was known to be having sex with her guy. Common knowledge. No one said a word.

Oldest son caught using cannabis, on the same day it was announced he had become a Min Servant. He had already been "reproved" a couple of times beforehand for other things. He went off and married a non-JW. Came back as if nothing had happened.

The Elder himself was removed having been caught smoking.

Another Elders son was caught smoking and disfellowshipped. This Elder resigns in protest at the double standard.

A brother who was a good friend of mine developed depression, attempted suicide. The elders answer to this was to have his wife throw him out of the family home. Eventually he left the JW's and disassociated.

But I know of others in congregation who also suffer from depression. Sisters who are knocking back the Prozac and Valium like anything.

A couple of members who are alcoholics, often found drunk at home.

A married brother who was a pioneer and Min Servant, who twice had affairs with women on his window cleaning round. DF'd -reinstated, DF'd - reinstated.

All those who got away with either a reproof or ignored. Where related to Elders either in our congregation or others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit