Post questions a study should ask before joining the Org.

by JH 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What questions should a study ask before joining the JW Org?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

What behaviors will get a person disfellowshiped? A complete list is necessary.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

If I decide not to become a JW, can we still be friends.

lisa

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

1. Where does the Bible say that you have to believe in a specefic man made sect of Christianity to be saved?

A great exercise would be aksing them to compare 2 Timothy 3:1-5 with the last few verses in Romans chapter one. The Society has allways used 2Tim 3:-5 as proof we are in the last days, but in Romans the text is almost identical and yet Paul was taking about people who where on the earth before him!

I would also suggest asking questions about the Revelation book. Be prepared with good questions and most Witnesses will shutter at a TRUE discussion of interpretation!

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Who was Raymond Franz?

Why was he disfellowshiped?

If you have the truth, why don't cha feel that your "truth" can stand up to scrutiny?

I want to make sure of all things, so before I go to any more of your meetings I will read both books by Raymond Franz: In Search of Christian Freedom and Crisis of Conscience,

you don't mind if I do that do you?

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

• Why is it that when new magazines/publications are considered "new light", it becomes wrong to point out the changes?
    • Something I asked: "You know, I really don't get it...the 1914 date that is, and how this was figured. Could you please explain it to me again?" (My doubts could not be swept under the rug)
    • Why is the Memorial the most crowded meeting of the year?
    • How is a family member treated who, after growing up in the truth, doesn't get baptized and go on to serve jehovah? I mean, he/she's not treated any differently, right?
    • Another one I asked-in 2002: The Dateline episode showed a publisher going out in field service after he'd been accused of child molestation, disfellowshipped and then repented. There were even women telling of their horrible experiences caused by this guy. Why is he allowed to remain in good standing? They were telling the truth. (the answer I got: "Those were apostates, and all they do is lie. They know jehovah forgives and they have to accept that, but instead they turned their backs on jehovah. Never turn your back on jehovah, lonelysheep. That's the most important thing to always remember in life, and you'll be ok.")
  • in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    If I decide not to become a JW, can we still be friends.

awesome!!! so simple, yet so poignant!!! you will never see a JW remain friends with a study if they stop studying... the ex-study becomes a huge waste of time... more of a burden than anything...

bethel

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Don't ask them anything, just make the following remark:

"Great. Well, I'm looking forward to getting home and researching JW's on the internet, because scripture says we should make sure of all things and to test every inspired expression."

Then see the look of horror on their face ahahahaha.

• alamb
    alamb

There are many good ones here. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/76519/1.ashx

I love the comments.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Have any teachings of Jehovah's Witnesses ever been changed because earlier beliefs were found to be incorrect? If so, how can you be sure you have the truth NOW?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit