NEW 2005 Worldwide Service Report

by Joker10 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

Jehovah's Witness grew some more this year. 6,613,829 peak publishers, or 100,000 more than last year. The average number was 6,390,016. Interesting to note is that in countries where they are banned or restricted, the growth was 9.2%. This is one of the highest rates in many many years. The United States reported the second highest peak of publishers ever, and a new average. The Ukraine and Russia also experienced growth. And also the other ex-Soviet countries with higher percentages. Britain reported the highest peak of publishers in 7 years. Tuvalu reached a new peak with 62. It is likely that Peru and Venezuela will surpass 100,000 next year. India's Memorial Attendance: 62,069.

Reports from Europe: The highest number of Bible studies in Spain 10 years (also new average publishers). Highest number of publishers in France in 7 years. The highest number of publishers ever in Italy. Highest number of Pioneers in Poland in 10 years (also new average publishers). Highest number of average publishers in Austria in 6 years, and Bible studies in 9. Highest number of studies in Finland in 9 years. Ireland now has surpassed the 5,000 publisher mark with 5,096, up 4%, and up another 3% average. Ireland also has a new peak Memorial attendance: 9,370.

Countries with remarkable growth: Pakistan now surpassing the 1,000 publisher mark. Publishers has been growing very fast in the last years here. Sudan is back with a detailed report. The last time the Society reported statistics for this country was in the 1980's when it was better not to because of the persecution against Christians. They were growing fast back then and continue doing so today. They reported 1,353 peak publishers in 50 congregations, with 5,927 showing up at the Memorial. Mongolia now has more than 100 publishers. Mexico is close to reach the 600,000 mark with 593,802. This country has exploded in the English-Speaking field. Also Malawi has been growing very fast and with a best-yet ratio of 1 publisher to 187. East Timor was up 39%. Kosovo up 14%. Burundi up 9%. The Congo Rep. up 6%. Nepal 10%. Taiwan, 7%.

The most Internet-wired country in the world, South Korea, saw another 1% increase in publishers and another peak of total hours. This country has yet to report a 0-percent or a decrease in publishers.

Baptisms were down to 247,631. Not a whole lot from last year. Brazil had the most people coming in with 28,683, and the United States close with 28,384 (plus the 244 from Hawaii, and Alaska).

Memorial attendance was 16,383,333. United States, 2,257,453 (plus Alaska and Hawaii's 23,281); Mexico, 1,784,042; Brazil, 1,527,133. There were 8,524 Partakers, down from 8,570, or 46 less than the 2004 year.

This year is the first time the Pioneer's figures for both Auxiliary and Regular were split. There were 623,308 average Regular Pioneers, and 219,926 average Auxiliary.

Total congregations: 98,269.

ps thanks, Poppy

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I wish they would show how many publishers are NEW JWs versus how many are raised in it. I bet they wouldn't want to disclose that figure publicly.

AuldSoul

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I bet they don't lnow!

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

I for one, do not believe those numbers, if the WTS has lied about so many things, how can we trust that those numbers are legit? I mean, who would know if these are the actual numbers? Maybe there's something I don't know, but until I find out differently those numbers can be played around with, just like the numbers of the supposed annointed left.

IC

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

That report sounds so depressing to me.

I can remember being a witless and 'rejoicing' at such figures. Sigh.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Even in such a glowing report there are telling signs that it's not so good.

The United States reported the second highest peak of publishers

It would be more convincing if it were the highest, not the second highest.

Britain reported the highest peak of publishers in 7 years

Seven years!!!! Same applies as above.

highest number of Bible studies in Spain 10 years (also new average publishers). Highest number of publishers in France in 7 years. ........ Highest number of Pioneers in Poland in 10 years (also new average publishers). Highest number of average publishers in Austria in 6 years, and Bible studies in 9. Highest number of studies in Finland in 9 years

And again.

I'd be more convinced by overall percentages. These figures are WT spin.
  • truthseeker
    truthseeker

A very positive sounding report indeed but...

the increase was one of the lowest in decades at 1.3%

Memorial attendance was down from last year

The number of hours is fake - at least 120 hours recorded in the stats are my fake ones.

Attendance is down in western countries

More people who come here are ACTIVE and want to leave but can't

There are more witnesses out of "heart harmony" than those who are in "heart harmony" with the truth

Many of the increases are simply immigrants

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Also, the United States had a 0% increase.

The second highest peak mentioned was August 2005, where the increase had jumped almost 40,000 from the previous month, July 2005. Probably all those fades and inactives were called at the last minutes and asked to think of a number between 9 and 11.

• metatron
    metatron

We've now had two studies - one in the US and one in Canada - that suggest net declines over the past few years, of people identifying

themselves as Witnesses. Contrasted with the Society's claims of modest growth, something isn't credible - and I say it's Watchtower

stats. My hours are fake, too.

metatron

• Pole
    Pole

All these individual stats for countries (if they are credible) are simply misleading. Example: Despite the peak number of pioneers this year, Poland has 0% growth and, traditionally, one of the lowest hours/publisher ratio (only 119 per publisher per year on average). So the optimistic figure you've focused on actualy tells a very depressing story about the rest of the publishers.

BTW, I'm not sure at all, but isn't the first report where they give the decimal point value to make the overall 1.3% growth look better than the rounded down 1%?

Cheerio,

Pole

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit