PHOTOS - Does the WTS change them?

by hamsterbait 44 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

In spite of all I've learned, I still shake my head in amazement that they used a picture from what appears to be a "Gentleman's magazine" in the Live Forever book and even as recently as an '03 Watchtower. It's just such blatant sex marketing!

She sure is nice looking though, I used to think it was some hottie JW from around New York City or something.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

garybuss, have you got one of them pens that do green as well?

Why is the middle chick naked ( I think) but the other two are clothed? Why don't they look middle eastern?

• VM44
    VM44

The writing on the _Stern_ cover is "Die Nackten und die Reichen" which translates to "The Naked and the Rich".

I wonder if _Stern_ magazine knows that The Watchtower is using their cover picture?

--VM44

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

...... as in COPYRIGHT?

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

WOW they never cease to amaze me! I always thought that this was some beautiful sister from NY or something, I have always seen some of my freinds pictures in the WTS literature and was always told that they always told that they use the BRETHREN for these illustrations, damn yet another lie!

I hope that magazine they stole the picture from finds out!

IC (shakes head and thinks, lies, more damn lies)

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Sorry, I should have edited that!

IC

• garybuss
    garybuss

I don't know the details about the STERN magazine. I got the picture years ago. I think, from Kent or Norm. They'd know the details. I don't know which came first, the Society's picture, or the STERN picture. The picture could have been purchased and used legally. I have no idea.

My point in showing the pictures is that I find it interesting that "Jehovah" is appreciating the STERN picture and used it to advertise his name by way of his earthly printing corporation. Since "Jehovah" is directing the organization, then he picked the picture, knowing it's history.

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I do not know any of the details in this particular case but...

my company uses pictures sometimes. You can buy pictures of models, items etc, from some companies. You can either buy the rights to use the picture, or buy the exclusive right. The latter is a lot more expensive, about 5 to 10 times mostly.
    What sometimes happens is that other companies use the same picture or part of the picture in their advertisements, when you buy it not exclusive. This is not really a problem unless the company is in the same branche. When you look closely you see thye same pictures sometimes turn up.

I guess that is just what happened here. Both Stern and WTS bought that picture not exclusive. Not a big deal.

What is however a big deal is that that this ends my search for this hot sister-chick, realising she is not living in some american congregation....

Danny B

• Es
    Es

wow im shocked...especially bout the stern pic....wow

es is speechless

es

• Nomad
    Nomad

Sorry to disappoint, but Stern isn't an 'Gentleman's Magazine.' It's a respectable German magazine, reporting on politics, economics, what have you. http://www.stern.de "What is however a big deal is that that this ends my search for this hot sister-chick, realising she is not living in some american congregation...." Hehe, did you notice what country I'm in? :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit