Do you have a relative or know someone who died over the blood issue?

by IW 15 Replies latest jw friends

• IW
    IW

My nephew did.

Please support Barbara's effort to force a change in the Watchtower! Please do whatever you can to spread the word about the essay and the Watchtower's manipulation of facts that only serve to kill innocent children. The life you save may be one who is near and dear to you!

IW

• Bryan
    Bryan

Uncle... last month.

I send the info to two of his daughters.

Bryan

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

My father.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

A friend of mine died in September. She had leukemia and the doctors told her she wouldn't last 2 weeks without a transfusion. They were right.

Her father is an HLC member.

Please support Barbara's effort to force a change in the Watchtower

I'm writing letters to my family right now. I will also be sending out information to many of the JWs I know.

• Undecided
    Undecided

My aunt and my daughter's husband's grandma both died because of TAKING a blood transfusion. My aunt got the wrong type blood and the grandma was given it too fast for her condition.

Ken P.

• Virgogirl
    Virgogirl

My grandmother. She died when I was five because she refused blood. She never saw me grow up, and I never got to know her. I have just a few memories of her getting so sick, and the funeral and crying myself to sleep afterwards.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

A JW woman died giving birth in my area, I only heard of it, i didn't know her personally.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

My JW Mom. Her heart beat until it ran out of oxygen. My active JW sibings and the HLC Elder lied to my non JW father about blood fractions she could have taken, like hemoglobin. (some can - some can't) They wanted to perserve the "unity" myth with my Dad, that all JW's were exactly the same -- the world over.

She died, smothered to death, so Witnesses would look 'unified'. That is true insanity.

The Bible says 'abstain' from blood. In every case it was talking about 'eating' blood. It is a deliberate misrepresentation of secular facts when they say, "transfusions are the same as 'eating' blood." It is never digested or used by the body as nutrition. They lie when they say it's the same as 'being fed intravenously" like glucose.

The Bible does not say a word about transfusions. The WT purposefully decided it was 'eating blood', which is direct 'misrepresentation' (lie) of known secular and medical science.

"Can't never could..."

One thing for sure...NOTHING will ever happen if we don't try to use this tool. All the ones who want to complain and 'sit on their butts' and wait for others to do the work should know that the rest of of will try our best. Maybe you'll benefit from everyone else's work and you won't have to lift a finger. I hope you'll come back and apologize to Barbara, when and if, something 'Big' comes out of this.

Personally, when I start counting all the newbies and lurkers that...because of Barbara's thread...have had the extra 'push' they needed to start posting. That's a BIG WIN right there !

Rabbit

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

My heart cries for all of you. Let us never forget that this isn't just a cult, it's a dangerous DEADLY cult.

Dave

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

My son died at the tender age of 27 days due to being forced by the state to take blood. We fought for the blood issue but it was taken to court and it was court ordered to give him blood. He was given contaminated blood and slowly all of his organs shut down until he died. At that time, in the 70's blood was not screened or stored as well as it is now.

Until a couple of minutes ago I never thought that I should be glad that the society had the stance it did at the time. Funny I word it that way considering that their stance really has changed over the years. What a concept, God's word has never changed, yet their policy did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit