Any suggestions on Xmas/Holiday Music for others?

by Eyebrow2 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I love Xmas Music, especially the old standards. I used to give in to my pagan urges in grammer school and sang them in music at times. In 6th grade, I even secretly joined the chorus and was in the winter concert at school...oh I did love those xmas songs!!

Anyhoo...do you care to share some of your favorite versions?

I just found a kick butt version of Jingle Bells by Dianan Krell, the jazz singer/pianst. A great job. You can hear it for free if you go open up Windows Media Player and go to the Guide.

I also love Rocking Around the Christmas Tree by Peggy Lee (or is it Brenda Lee)

Jingle Bell Rock, Walking in a Winter Wonderland, Let it Snow (of course I felt NO guilt singing those two)....the list goes on and on.

I have been listening to some of the free xmas internet stations to get my fix. And I do love Ava Maria...although I guess that isn't really xmas...and really religious...but it is a beautiful song.

What Christmas songs if any do you like?

• Legolas
    Legolas

I have downloaded a few songs from 'I Tunes' I would share them but I don't think I can send them, can I?

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Linda Eder who is a Broadway singer has a great Christmas CD. She is amazing!

Unfortunately, all I have been listening to lately is Kidz Bop Christmas....which isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be! LOL!

Chrystal

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

I love any Christmas songs by Bing Crosby, especially Adeste Fideles (O Come All Ye Faithful), Silver Bells, the Hawaiian Christmas Song (it's on the National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation soundtrack!!) and It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas. That said, all of his Christmas songs are great!!

I also really like The First Noel by the Crash Test Dummies, it's just incredible, so stirring.

And I really like Away In A Manger, Three Ships, Deck the Halls, White Christmas and Jingle Bells (the full version), so I recommend all of these!!

If you're into novelty Christmas music, the Muppets do a great version of The 12 Days of Christmas and Alvin and the Chipmunks do some fun songs, too.

-Becka :)

• Legolas
    Legolas

We finally have snow It stormed the last two days here!

• daystar
    daystar

Harry Connick Jr. had a televised Xmas concert that came on last year. I rather liked that.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I would love some snow...

Lego..which songs on itunes...I haven't been there yet. I may go pay for a few songs...since my kids keep losing my cds...argh hahah.

I like to download the free songs on Tuesdays...sometimes there are good ones.

Oooo I will have to look for the muppets

• Legolas
    Legolas

I only did 4 so far..LOL

I wish you a merry christmas...Bing Crosby

Winter Wonderland....Bing Crosby

Jingle Bell rock...Bobby Helms

Let it snow....Bing Crosby

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Christmas with the Beach Boys is great!

The Very Best of Celtic Christmas - the Windham Hill Collection

Christmas with Dino [Dean Martin of course]

These are all great CD's. I have no idea how to download music, but these are good ones!

Jeff

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hey Legolas, I'm glad you finally got some snow over there!! Looks like I won't have to send some over with my roommate when she heads back home tomorrow, and it's a good thing, too, we're a little short on it here at the moment, it's been raining!!

-Becka :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit