WT elder school Pittsburg PA in Jan 1970

by james_woods 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Hi James (and everyone else replying).

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Sorry back again...am struggling with my boyfriends laptop marvellous.

Anyway, just wanted to say this is the first time I've had the guts to google search on Jehovah's Witnesses and laughed my head off when I found this site - why did it take me so long to do this (apart from not having my own computer of course).

I was brought up in "the truth" as an elder's daughter who being the oldest youngster in the congregation had to be an exemplary youth - well in a way I was as as soon as I left so did others !

James I'm intrigued by what you said about Russell's grave and the pyramid? By some bizarre co-incidence I'm reading a book called Angels and Demons which is a prequel to The Da Vinci code by Dan Brown which is talking about pyramids of light etc and links to Catholocism, this wouldn't be the same thing would it?

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's read these books as well.

Thanks for listening - I'm definitely going to keep logging in, it's great to know this is available to those who are really struggling.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

The main thing I remember was how much utter contempt he had for the ordinary rank and file. He ranted and raved about how "phony" and "worldly" witness families were who actually had real jobs, houses, etc. Made a big deal about how these people had the husband with some big huge Cadillac and his trophy wife had her little "SPORT JITNEY" (yes he actually used words like that all the time), with a big house and a pool. Little did he know (I hoped) that my dad had a caddy, my mom had a pontiac GP, and I was driving a new 1969 Porsche 911. And we had a pool, too - they used to do the batism there.

Got a serious lecture back at school about not being stumbled by the pyramid or any other "old light" because now the FDS has the "new light" - BUT, Shroeder did tacitly admit that Russell had some nutty ideas on CHRONOLOGY!!! ; Then in defiance of his policy of no outside research made us go to the University of Pittsburgh as a special project and look up various (pre-selected) newspaper ;microfilm about Russell.

JW.........wow! Thank you for this specific personal information. It certainly does NOT surprise me, anymore, having started my own metamorphosis from grub to butterfly almost 8 years ago...

Terri

• watson
    watson

Judah Ben

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Aiesha, welcome to the forum!

• observador
    observador

Thanks, James, for the info.

To understand the history of the WT well, we have to put together a puzzle comprised of many pieces. What you added certainly are some good pieces. That's why this board is so great: because different people bring different perspective and help make a fuzzy picture more clear.

Thanks.
    Observador.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Wow, Albert Schroeder.

I remember him being in the midwest in the 70's sometime after 1975. My brother said that at a dinner some asked him about the passing of '75, and he said that apparently there was an intense struggle between Satan and Jehovah over the matter.

WHY didn't I leave then I wonder.

• Aiesha Harley
    Aiesha Harley

Thanks Serendipity

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit