Watchtower will NOT accept legal responsibility

by VM44 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Blood Card Directives and Power of Attorney:

Please allow a minute or so for download.

http://www.ajwrb.org/2003WThealthcaredocs.pdf

http://www.ajwrb.org/2003WThealthcaredocs.pdf

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Guess they got a real good, big, hard-on for the power that they'll be givin UP once the good law catches up with em.

CG

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well they will just have to if a judge tells them too.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

http://www.ajwrb.org/watchtower/card.shtml

Advance Directive

The first example shown is one of the older versions of the blood card that Jehovah's Witnesses (JW) carried. You will note its clear and uncompromising statement about the use of blood. It says specifically "I demand that blood, in any way, shape or form, is NOT to be fed into my body..."

This statement is quite interesting for two reasons:

• We no longer hear the Watchtower Society (WTS) talk in terms of blood transfusions being a "feeding" on blood. This is because they now know that a transfusion is not a feeding on blood, but rather an organ transplant. The old view was based upon outdated medical views that were discarded nearly a hundred years ago. Today the WTS is forced to speak in terms of how it is wrong to "sustain one's life" by means of blood. As we have seen, however, the Bible no where talks about blood in this way.
    • The other interesting thing about the wording in this card is that it would clearly prohibit a Witness from taking any blood components such as those now on the Society's approved list. It accurately reflects the position taken by the Society in the following quote:
      Whether whole or fractional, one's own or someone else's, transfused or injected, it is wrong - The Watchtower 09/15/1961 p. 559
    What follows below is the current "Advance Directive" being used by Jehovah's Witnesses:

The current blood card, or "Medical Directive" is no longer able to make the same uncompromising statement. Why? Because the WTS has gradually modified its once firm position and now allows many parts of the blood to be transfused or injected in various forms.

A doctrine that made little sense to begin with, now makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Are you still carrying this document in your wallet? If so, why? It may well become a warrant for your untimely death.

Children of Jehovah's Witnesses, though not even baptized, are called upon to carry a similar card. It can be viewed in the section "A Parent's Perspective."

• zagor
    zagor

Well I'm glad you've posted it, that just shows, once again, quite well that the only force they are afraid if is the legal system

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

That stupid card was one of the first things I destroyed, along with all the "old" copies lying around the house and the one that my mother still had with her.

• moshe
    moshe

I always dodged the Elders when they tried to get me to sign a No Blood Card- I know they suspected I was up to no good, but I got away with it. I later found out my wife had cards done for the kids when I was working out of town. I always told the Elders that when Orthodox Jews ban blood transfusions, then I will sign the card. They never had an answer for that. They could only disfellowship me if I publicly challenged the official teaching and I always kept it to myself- never even told my wife until I had decided to leave the borg- her first response was that I was an apostate- "games over".

Is there not some point at which we have to say the rank and files JW's must take a stand - Don't they see this as potential child sacrifice? I am wondering if the WT leaders are not purposely setting up this "Blood card " issue in order to get sued on purpose. Then they can drop the whole blodd transfusion charade and say" the courts made us change". No Cards and no official sanctions of members who accept blood transfusions. That way they can dodge moral accountability ( from JW's, not G-d) for the deaths of maybe thousands of JW's -adults and children. They hope that none of the active JW's will feel wronged and sue the Society over a family member's death. It is the possible moral outrage that they are afraid of- this is what will empty out the KH's.

peace,

Moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit