Watchtower will NOT accept legal responsibility

by VM44 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• VM44
    VM44

I posted this in another thread, but this comment from The Watchtower deserves a thread of its own. --VM44

Here is what The Watchotwer wrote back in 1952 concerning legal liability and vaccinations. I am sure they feel the same today, The Watchtower will NOT assume legal liability for any misrepresentation it has made concerning blood transfusions.

"The matter of vaccination is one for the individual that has to face it to decide for himself. Each individual has to take the consequences for whatever position and action he takes toward a case of compulsory vaccination, doing so according to his own conscience and his appreciation of what is for good health and the interests of advancing God's work. And our Society cannot afford to be drawn into the affair legally or take the responsibility for the way the case turns out." Watchtower magazine, 15 December 1952 p.764
  • AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Sad to say, VM44, per the December 2005 KM they are fully exposed for at least the next few years, depending on which state someone files in. Clock starts at the last occurrence. If they shut up right now and don't peep about it again they are still culpable for this.

Hee-hee!

AuldSoul

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Just because someone says they will not accept responsibility does not mean a court will not impose responsibility.

I refuse to accept responsibility for gravity!

*** Wondering why I'm not floating up in the air right now ***

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Elsewhere

I just love your logical humor

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Does someone have the wording on the no blood cards. I know it says they won't sue the hospital but doesnt it also highlight it is a personal decision. Is there deniability there? I don't know much about the legal system compared to some I'm afraid.

• avishai
    avishai

Yeah, no kidding, they fight everything tooth and nail, that's what happens when you get sued as a multibillion dollar publishing co. ESPECIALLY if you are wrong!!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Do you think it's going to take a large number of independent lawsuits to break them? Or a coalition? Or will they try to make settlements out of court without admitting wrongdoing then reword their medical directive cards to somehow add not suing the society to the list of those exempt from action should something go south during a procedure.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

EFFING Hypocrites!

The main reason why they backed down on vaccines, was that Nathan Homo Knorr wanted to do a world tour of WT Land, and when he found out he would prolly return from Africa in a coffin if he didn't get the jabs, surprise surprise!! His conscience allowed vaccination.

Same with marriage. Until Nathan Homo wanted to find a masturbation partner of his very own, marriage was discouraged.

Until the WTS removes all prospect of ostracism and social exclusion for those accepting blood, they can be sued, because they are actively promoting coersion and bullying to influence the personal choice of their membership.

HB

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Or will they try to make settlements out of court without admitting wrongdoing then reword their medical directive cards to somehow add not suing the society to the list of those exempt from action should something go south during a procedure.

Most large corporations settle out of court with a "GAG" order attached. This means if you take the money and settle you have to keep your mouth shut about any "truth" you have found out.The WT like most large corporations will not hesitate to use any legal loopholes to protect themselves.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux

Note that they didn't say they couldn't be drawn into it legally or be held responsible, only that they can't afford it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit