"Special Talk" being given next week about blood

by dorayakii 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bother_forever
    bother_forever

The light will get brighter, that you can rely on!

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I think the less dumb among the actual WT leaders are anxious to get rid of the blood time bomb. But the more attacked the more paralysed they are, as dropping it altogether would amount to an admission of guilt which would trigger the legal/judicial explosion. Otoh, each half measure (allowing blood fractions, welcoming judicial discharge for minors, having individual JWs sign x legal forms, etc.) shows their disingenuousness and makes the eventual disaster worse.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    there was a letter from the branch office and we're doing it early this year

Someone please get a copy of that letter or at least tell us the date it was sent.

• Sam the Man
    Sam the Man

Very interesting.... I sense a 'we needed a library card' moment

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Wouldn't it be fabulous if they began the gradual turning away that seems inevitable here? Perhaps making some 'minor' changes, that are not really so minor?

Some one should tape it for us or put it in transcript here after the fact.

Jeff

• TheListener
    TheListener

Per the December KM there will be a 25 minute part the week of December 19, 2005 entitled "Could Your Child Make a Mature Decision?" I'm pretty sure someone has already posted the article on jwd somewhere. The part that gets me is this (from the KM instructions for the part): "In conclusion, encourage parents to review that entire article in The Watchtower and to follow through immediately by having discussions and practice sessions with their children about the Bible-based command regarding blood, equipping them to express their beliefs with conviction. Family heads should be sure that each baptized child is carrying a DPA card and that each unbaptized child is carrying an Identity Card."

It makes me sick.

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

The part that gets me is this (from the KM instructions for the part): "In conclusion, encourage parents to review that entire article in The Watchtower and to follow through immediately by having discussions and practice sessions with their children about the Bible-based command regarding blood, equipping them to express their beliefs with conviction. Family heads should be sure that each baptized child is carrying a DPA card and that each unbaptized child is carrying an Identity Card."

It makes me sick.

I'm with you listener - that s**t is sickening.

I think the point of the 'rehearsal' is to inforce/reinforce cognitive dissonance on the adult R&F - most of the children really don't buy the bs anyway. Just the thought of having to take a stand on the blood issue made my head spin ... Even though I would hope to have the strength to be faithful to the GB Jehovah, my heart/mind/whatever would wander into the courtroom where a judge would take away my parental rights forcing the transfusion (push back that feeling of relief and euphoria-must obey) ... then I'd go back to the imaginary hospital room and run away with my sick child ... then be in the car wondering what the hell I was going to do when my child died (there is no if, death is immenent and one must be faithful to the end) ... then I'd probably be arrested, but being in jail would be nothing compared to not having my baby ... that's all that mattered in the end ... then I'd go back to the beginning if I my mind could withstand the exercise again, or just put it away and hope I'd never have to make any of those decisions. What terror to put into the heart of a parent. Such a loving organzation, what a loving god they worship . Stupid cult. I hope they choke on their blood doctrine and bleed money like they've never imagined.

sweet tee

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

"equipping them to express their beliefs with conviction."

Ugh. That line right there just completely sums it up. It's basically saying - "Make sure your kids can sound like they sincerely believe this, regardless of how they actually feel about it." It's the same thing they tell parents to "equip" their children with when it comes to holidays, birthdays, the flag salute, and any other doctrine that makes people question the kids about why they don't do these things.

I think the point of the 'rehearsal' is to inforce/reinforce cognitive dissonance on the adult R&F - most of the children really don't buy the bs anyway.

I agree with you sweet tee, but I think it has a specifically damaging effect on the kids, too. I know that for myself the cognitive dissonance(hence the name) started very early, with things like this really aggravating the process. I remember spending hours thinking about exactly how to phrase my responses to every type of question about my beliefs so that I would give the impression that these were my beliefs, not just my parents beliefs. Wording things in such a way that it expressed personal conviction, because I was told not to say things like "it's against my religion". I obsessed about this, a lot, because I wanted to be the good little witness, and to me giving a weak response meant failure. I was basically teaching myself how to be a very good liar, and at some point started to believe my own lies. But there were always two distinct sides to my thought process, one that felt things and thought analytically, and one that regurgitated things. They didn't co-exist peacefully and when the enormous conflict that brewed for years and years finally came to a head, I felt completely insane.

This particular topic just pisses me off, that they instruct parents to drill this sort duplicity in to their childrens' heads.

CD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit