Naysayers and the "Big News"

by avishai 19 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

I would'nt go that far, I agree with tho poster, though, that said this news was'nt "sexy" enough.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I agree with tho poster, though, that said this news was'nt "sexy" enough.

Not to fluff on your serious thread, Avi, but with your avatar there, I don't think JWD can handle anymore 'sexy" than that.

• avishai
    avishai

Well, if a smart, beautiful, devoted lady like you sez' so, I guess I'll take it!!!

Muah!!!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I'm with you on the compassion angle. I know that the compassion my worldy friends and their parents showed for me when I was leaving the organization helped cement the decision in my eyes. It is still a big point I make, that these people are my true friends. JWs are very good at showing false compassion, especially to outsiders. Then it all dries up in times of need.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Great post, Avishai!

I know many of you are tired, hurt, and emotionally and spiritually scarred, and we would ALL like instant gratification. However, the people I have helped get out of the WTS did'nt get out from me dropping all the info. at once on them. They did'nt believe what I said half the time.

I helped them out from dropping many small hints over YEARS!!! Eventually, some of them grew those seeds themselves.

This is the most important point. Yes, we'd all like to see immediate results, but we've waited this long so a little longer won't deter us! Watchtower's day really ARE numbered and I honestly believe it WILL collapse in my lifetime. The activities of so many people chipping away at Watchtower's foundations gives me immense cause for optimism. The BIG news WILL have incredible ramifications for the Tower and, eventually, there'll be nowhere to hide. If we can somehow get the elders to be culpbable, too, well, that's when the shakes really will start. No elder is going to allow himself to be left alone to face litigation, but it's elders that take the lead so they must bear indivdual responsibility as well as collective. ANYTHING that hurts the Tower I'm all for.

I enjoy your posts Avishai. They are often the voice of reason!!

Ian

• avishai
    avishai

Right back atcha, Ian. Your strength is a HUGE inspiration to me, every day.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Hmm good point Dansk. Going after individual elders might be more effective, might make some think twice before they offer medical advise they aren't qualified to give and put the lean on those going into the hospital.

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

I'm on the same wave length Avi. Everything takes time, it takes 40 years to be 40 years old, it's not a snap of the finger deal.

We need more posts of this nature to help others see that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Golf

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    We need more posts of this nature to help others see that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes, this is true. And think about it, everyone David Kuresh was stopped. Jim Jones was basically stopped. Hitler, though he gave the world a mighty blow, he was stopped.

Good eventually triumphs over evil.

Like my sweetheart Andy said to me, "Everyone thinks

Jehovah's witnesses are harmless and even humorous. But they're not. They destroy individuals, families and bring about deaths and suffering of countless people due to their hardhearted, stubborn policies. They are actually quite dangerous."

Andy was raised in the Catholic Church. He was forced to be confirmed into the church. He will tell you he is not an exCatholic since it wasn't his choice to be one in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit