Are the JW's persecuted in any way?

by JH 13 Replies latest jw friends

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I know this is probably going to come out all wrong... but...

I think that any 'persecution' the witnesses experience is brought on by their own actions, or the directives of the WTBTS. If you get abused going door to door expect it. It would happen to any person going door to door. Some people are just going to react badly. If you are in Malawi and don't have a political party card because the society said not to then you will be persecuted even killed. Its so very, very unfortunate that people are misled in such a manner that it comes down to this but the witnesses do things differently to others thus opening up the doors for the so called persecution.

If the witnesses were like any other christian religon and went about doing outreach projects etc I think they would be treated like any other religon. I don't think they would be persecuted any more then anyone else!

• delilah
    delilah
    Moshe, you sure you aren't my dad? LOL...he is exactly the same way, although he never rushed from work to get to the KH for any meeting.....he had excuses for those as well.
  • drew sagan
    drew sagan

I recently came across some information I found interesting. The situation in the Republic of Georgia has brought much persecution upon Jehovah's Witnesses there. Many Witnesses started mentioning "the brothers in Georgia" by name in prayers and such things. Because though of the Witness bubble, your average Witness doesn't know that Catholics and Protestants as well as other faiths are facing the same violence there that they are because the persecution is coming from the Orthodox Church.

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.forum18.org/

This website keeps track of religious persecution throughout the world. Note how many religions other than the WTS are persecuted too.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit