Question re BIG NEWS and HLC members

by yesidid 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• yesidid
    yesidid

Would anyone have an educated guess re any liability of HLC members who promoted and quoted from the "Blood" booklet in question.

yesidid

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

If it really came down to it - the Governing Body would let members of the HLC hang out to dry - they would get no support

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I agree. Which means we may want to be getting this out to HLC members pretty quickly.

S4

• siegswife
    siegswife

I think one of the best things about the expose is that it targets the WTS directly. They're the source of the misinformation, not the HLC members. Those men are disseminating the wrong information, true, but they do it because they believe what the WTS has put in print.

The WTS won't be able to play this off as "untrained volunteers" handling the situation wrongly like they do the child molestation issue.

Lea

• Buhdee
    Buhdee

Drudge Report................................

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

The very title given them by the WT as representatives...the HLC (Hospital Liason Committee)...would cause me to start thinking up an escape plan.

Axel

• West70
    West70

HCL members offer "spiritual" advice based on interpretation of scripture - a constitutionally protected activity. JWs refuse blood because "the BIBLE says so", not because they might catch disease, or because of some misrepresented statistic, etc.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The JW's refuse blood because the Watchtower says the Bible says so. As can be seen, their own literature presents misapplied facts, information taken out of context, and misatributions? If they are, indeed, God's mouthpiece on Earth, why are they lying to their own about the truth of blood transfusions? I wouldn't ever, after this, trust ANYTHING the Watchtower interpreted from the Bible for me. Not if it means saving a life.

CG

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

You are correct, interpretation of scripture is protected....and if they had left it at that it would probably be a much better position for them. But they didn't.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

West70, are you an HLC member?

My dad is. From what I understand, the Hospital Liason Committee serves as an on-call resource for the Hospital to use determining what care is permissible for JW patients. If they speak from information given to them by the Society and it creates risk or causes harm they can be sued.

They should know that.

If the WTS were to say it was just a religious issue that would be one thing, but in their haste to promote the potential medical benefits of refusing blood they have misrepresented facts. Anyone who parrots those facts is doing so at their own risk.

AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit