GRACE (undeserved kindness)

by TheListener 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TheListener
    TheListener

I've read all the posts and links.

I still, however, has a question. Maybe more, but I can't think right now.

The scriptures definitely discuss things that God would consider evil or wicked. An example would be immorality or murder.

Is it possible to abuse the grace of God? Is that why the sinner that Paul discussed in 1 Thess. (the mother-in-law-lover) was kicked out of the cong by the majority? Did he sin so egregiously that he had to be disciplined? Did he forfeit God's grace?

What if you accept Jesus as the ransom sacrifice and as your Lord but you still fornicate and murder(for example only) from time to time? Would God's grace extend to you?

• TheListener
    TheListener

OK I may have some insight, at least to how I feel about Grace. I've still been thinking and researching this since the last posts.

Grace is given to all mankind regardless of what our situation or actions are.

However, willful sin, especially of the those mentioned in the Bible can be a barrier to our accepting God's grace.

If we accept Jesus' ransom sacrifice and acknowledge him as our Lord and savior we will benefit from God's grace.

But, if we are willful sinners then we are blocking God's grace from being active for us.

Make sense?????? Or am I in left field??????

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Listener - to me you are on the right track here.

Regarding the [mother-in-law-lover] sinner in 1Corr, Paul indicated to 'remove such a man'. My opinion is that he was talking about from the meeting place [which was in private homes in those days]. Who would want to invite one of that nature into his home while he not repentant of the sin. ? Once he is no longer 'practicing' these sins actively, on what basis would we as human sinners ban him?

My opinion is that this scripture is sadly perverted by Jw's and others wishing to interpolate as judges. This is not about a JC, this is about not associating in holy assembly with those living a wicked sin. Just my opinion.

Jeff

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    This is not about a JC, this is about not associating in holy assembly with those living a wicked sin. Just my opinion.

Mine too!

Also note that the man was a christian - see verse 5 of 1 Cor 5 "his spirit saved on the day of the Lord."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit