Not Everyone Will Be An Activist

by minimus 11 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I'd like to make a comment about the "Big News" and the part we are supposed to play in getting the message out. I think a lot of readers and posters on this board are angry at the WT.Organization. Some are fed up! Others, disgusted....Yet, just because we gripe against the Organization, it doesn't mean that we will necessarily be letter writing activists against it. Some may carry signs and picket but not everyone will. My point is that if this effort DEPENDS on exjws getting the message across, will it really occur the way some believe and hope it will?? Personally, I'll write letters but I wouldn't picket. I'd tell certain family members but I might not go to the elders in the local Kingdom Hall.........Remember, Silentlambs had TV, radio, and scores of letters written to the Society and newspapers, and court cases, etc. yet believing isolated Jehovah's Witnesses refused to accept that child molestation is really that big of a problem. The same thing happened regarding the United Nations debacle. The bottom line is that I hope whatever we must do to bring down the Organization, that we do it in the best way that we personally can. I surely hope we are not disappointed by the Organization's denials and their turning a blind eye. And the fact is most JWs don't really care .

• blondie
    blondie

The focus may not be getting the news to the JWs, but even more so to the non-JWs.

Letters are good. It may be possible to mail information to the parties most involved.

For example with child abuse, the focus is more likely to be effective when it is on the laws in this country and others to make clergy (including the WTS, they consider themselves clergy under secular laws) required to report child abuse with hefty fines and jail time. To change the statutes of limitations so that when victims finally recognize what happened had are old enough, brave enough to come forward....

So target judges, DAs, attorneys, legislators, organizations also working with the issue. Almost none of these people are JWs, but we can target them with the information, educate them.

Blondie

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I we get to throw rocks and publicly humiliate certain elders in my former areas of residence count me in..........

~Hill

• minimus
    minimus

If the non Witnesses get the news, I guess the hope is that it filters back to the Witnesses. My impression of letter writing to Bethel is that they don't give 2 shits. They just spin it as persecution and the lies of the Devil.....Still, I'd write if it could make a difference!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I'm not a deprogrammer or even an exit-counselor,my calling is recruitment interdiction U wanna be a miserable JW it's a free country.

Yes,free country to go follow daffy duck or the watchtower.

• sf
    sf

I'm glad you figured it out mini, before I had to set you straight.

Once the world, our nation, is innoculated with the big news, the jws will not be able to avoid it. Neither will their leaders in New York and other WTBTS Corps. in the world.

Image the jws at your door AFTER the big news has been news for a good few months...LOL!!! They won't last long out in the field anymore. Hopefully, field misery will cease, for the sheeps own good.

sKally

• undercover
    undercover
    Once the world, our nation, is innoculated with the big news, the jws will not be able to avoid it. Neither will their leaders in New York and other WTBTS Corps. in the world.

So is this 'big news' so big that the day after it breaks and I go to the Internet, the top story on Yahoo! news is going to be something regarding the WTS/JWs?

Because that's how big it's going to have to be to get the attention of the 'world'. It has to be Enron big or Martha Stewart big before the average "worldly" person will grasp the situation. Outside of JWs and ex-JWs, nothing much that the WTS does is important, good or bad. The UN scandal didn't hurt them. They lied around it. The Dateline show, and similar shows in other countries, did not really have that much of an impact. It's going to have to be something that is on-going. An investigation of some kind that keeps it in the news day after day, week after week. Outside of that, it'll just be another movie of the week and quickly forgotten.

Not that any kind of scandal news isn't appreciated however. Instead of looking forward to one big scandal that breaks the back of the WTS, I guess we should see this "big news" as added ammunition to the already large arsenal as to why the WTS/JWs cannot be what they claim.

• sf
    sf

Undercover,

So is this 'big news' so big that the day after it breaks and I go to the Internet, the top story on Yahoo! news is going to be something regarding the WTS/JWs?

It's best you ask Danny Haszard this question.

sKally

• M.J.
    M.J.

Think of the "BIG NEWS" that H.W. Armstrong, former leader of the Worldwide Church of God had an incestous relationship with his daughter. What "worldly people" ever heard of that one or even cared? Same deal with JWs, even though they have slightly more visibility.

• minimus
    minimus

Armstrong had incest, huh? Never heard about that. Who's the President after Henschel? I dunno that either. Jehovah's Who??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit