England - United?

by Englishman 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

Supposing England were able to play against Manchester United. Who would win?

OK, I know that you would need a Beckham in each side, but just suppose that it were possible, who would you have your money on?

Sorry everyone, but I plump for Man U!

Englishman - who's favourite colour is blue.

Click: http://www.standupifyouhatemanu.com/

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Supposing Australia should play England - who would win?

Oh, I forgot to mention, we want all our players to be available, so we'll have Viduka, Kewell, Bosnich, Schwarzer etc thank you.

Does that shorten the odds?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Evil is the absence of empathy"
    Movie (2000), Nuremberg

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Ozzie:

Football is the one sport we can still kick your Aussie asses at, 36-0 results against Tonga notwithstanding. Btw, was I hallucinating, or did you guys let us win a cricket test today?

Expatbrit

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Soccer sucks. And quit calling it football. Real football is the can be found here.
    http://www.nfl.com

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Don't you American guys need to put on Kevlar armour before getting aggressive like that?

Expatbrit

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

If we did not wear that armour, we would kill each other. Try getting hit by a 350lb. man running hard and see how you feel. I think that would be about 700kgs.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Try getting hit by a 350lb. man running hard and see how you feel.

Yeah I have. It's called Rugby. Ghastly game.

Expatbrit

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I have that backwards, 175 kilograms. I have played rugby, and it is fun. However, Football is much harder on one's body.

Rugby in Kansas is called Smear the Queer. Sorry to say.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Ah, Jayhawk,

One day you must experience being present at a Premier Soccer match in the UK. It's a religious experience!

Now can anyone top this? With one exception I have seen every team in the Football Leagues 4 Divisions play at some time or other over the last 30 years.

Pretty cool, eh?

Englishman.

..... fanaticism masquerading beneath a cloak of reasoned logic.

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

The United States has, for almost 300 years, been able to keep drunken British soccer hooligans from swarming our shores. I'd like to keep it that way.

The biggest difference between soccer and American football appears to be the absence of 300 spectator deaths and injuries at an American football game.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit