Did you ever see or experience prejudice in the religion?

by free2beme 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Amazingly, i have to refute this. We were in a MIXED congregation, and lots of the young white girls were marrying off to young black men. There was *no* bigotry in my own congregation, aside from my own worldly Father. We were pretty much half and half, and I must admit, that our congregation was really good about it. White girls that got married off to black men were given the same regard as others. Their children were treated just as the others. For4 one good thing: no one was viewed above the others based on race.

CG

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

refute Dictionary
    re·fute (ri-fyut') pronunciation

tr.v., -fut·ed , -fut·ing , -futes .

1. To prove to be false or erroneous; overthrow by argument or proof: refute testimony.
    2. To deny the accuracy or truth of: refuted the results of the poll.

You're not refuting anything, only giving your experiences. Everyone one has had different experiences concerning racism within the bOrg, myself included.

Josie

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Right as I stated I never experienced any racism at all in any congo I attended. This person I had met I met recently and did confess to me that he would never let anyone know to their face how he felt (racist). But he was born in the Borg and is racist, admitedly so. Like I said though this was shocking to me since racism was not something I had ever experienced in the congo before.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No. However, I was never in a mixed cong, either.

The first one I attended was all white (I don't count only 10 of us blacks as being diverse), and the other two were all black, with 5 or so white people. That's it. Any Latinos, and there are tons in my town, attended one of the Spanish speaking congs. I began to wonder if there were any Italian or Asian jw's at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit