3 Books - Bible Unearthed, 101 Myths of the Bible, and Early History of God

by VM44 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
  • Disillusioned JW
    Disillusioned JW

I haven't yet read The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts, but I saw a televised NOVA episode (a science program) on PBS about a number of the archaeological findings of Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman.In the show two Jewish scientists said they had expected to find evidence of the exodus but instead found no evidence for it and they concluded that the exodus didn't happen, but that the Jews started out as a Canaanite people who later adopted belief in Yahweh and who later identified as Jews and later claimed to have made an exodus from Egypt to Canaan. I recorded the show from over the air TV onto a VHS tape.

I saw the show during the time I was an independent Christian (after I had stopped being a believing JW about a year prior to seeing the NOVA show). The archaeology show is excellent and it greatly eroded my belief in some parts of the early Bible which Christians claim are historical. The program is called "The Bible's Buried Secrets" (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bible's_Buried_Secrets ) for more information. I making this post on this very old thread to attract the attention of people who haven't seen this thread. I hope that Vanderhoven7 and some other Christians read this thread. A year or two after I saw "The Bible's Buried Secrets" I stopped believing in Yahweh, Yeshua, Satan, angels, and demons, and in the Bible's claims of the existence of supernatural beings.

Maybe I will buy a copy of The Bible Unearthed: Archaeology's New Vision of Ancient Israel and the Origin of Its Sacred Texts.

By the way, I found this forum topic by doing a search on this website using the terms of 'Bible' and 'contradictions'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit