Dateline

by deeskis 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Not quite, Lee. Panorama was a BBC program. Sunday was the Australian program and to clarify, it wasn't a version of Dateline at all. in fact, the producers deliberately avoided that, although they were aware of dateline. That's why the first Sunday program avoided using the expression "Silent lambs".

Ya see we're quite unique downunder!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Thanks ozzie for that clarification

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome Deeskis!

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Welcome! Interesting that you brought this up, as I showed my girlfriend the Dateline program just an hour ago! You can find it on the Silentlambs website - both as a video and a transcript. Quality wasn't great, but it's all there. Don't have the link, but I'm sure that Googling Silentlambs will do it for you.

S4

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I've nothing to add to the great suggestions above other than my own warm WELCOME DEESKIS...do you ski?

~Merry

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

Welcome deeskis.Can't add anymore.Don't you go confusing NZ bands for Oz bands now!(e.g. Split Enz,Crowded House,Dragon etc.etc.etc.etc.)

Cheers Pete

• Quotes
    Quotes

deeskis, welcome to the forum!

deeskis said "also told my parents about the UN debacle(this afternoon), and they just outright denied it. "not true, lies being spread by apostates""

My immedate response to reading your words here: They are at "Stage One" right now.

At the risk of generalizing, I thing most of us here have experienced that reaction first hand. INITIAL DENIAL. Interesting that the implication is that if it were true, they feel it would "discredit" WTS.

But, if/when you can later manage to present them with the overwhelming evidence that this *IS* true, then they will get to what I like to call "Stage Two": "It is really no big deal, it doesn't matter, it is insignificant". Apparently when at "Stage Two" they forget how the felt when they were at "Stage One": that this is very "descrediting" news.

Have some fun: write down on a piece of paper how they currently believe that this news (if true) is discrediting. Then write down how you predict they will happily accept the situation and no longer see any "discredit" later. Don't show you folks the letter, but put in a sealed envelope and tell them you are playing a game and ask them to sign and date the envelope. Then put the evelope away somewhere safe.

Then, later, after they have progrossed to Stage Two (as a result of seeing overwhelming and irrefutable proof), produce the envelope, open it in front of them, and show how you accurately predicted they would happily swallow this once damning situation.

Oh, this is only fun if you enjoy angry outbursts driven by cognitive dissonance.

~Quotes

P.S. Ifyou really want to have fun, after producing the envelope, state that you have the power of prophecy! :)

• skyman
    skyman

Just do like I do everytime this comes up and it will solve all your problems just call the information desk for yourself and ask the Society and tape the conversation here is the number to call [845] 306-1100 The inforamtion desk will tell you YES it is true and then tell you why they joined, ask them to send you a letter stating why they joined.

Or ask your dad to be on another phone and let him listen in. This is the best way to make your dad believe. Trust My dad was DF'd and I was put on reproof because the ELDER BODY refussed to believe any piece of proof we handed them, even a letter from the SOCIETY saying they joined. The Elders said I made the letter up on the computor. The Elder body refussed to call the Soceity for them selves because they were not going to call and bother them over something that could not be true. Finally to make along story short my dad was reistated only after I begged the Society to write a letter to the body of Elders stating to them it was true. (FROM THE HORSES MOUTH) and he was reinstated the same week. We still have not been given an apology from the ELDERS.

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

if you go on my topic history, someone gave me a really simple dead good way of findinf the wt bible and tract socirty on the un website

good luck

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Wecome Deeskis.

Hope you stick around. This is a great site for finding out interesting things and meeting lovely people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit