Why don't elders drop off the mags?

by yaddayadda 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No offence intended, but do you actually want the magazines ?? If you've left or are "fading", why would you care ? Well as an example Blonide gets them and puts her review on here. I get them and put on any info/etc on this board. It is an information service really - we really do need to Watch the Tower and be Awake to what they are up to

• LDH
    LDH

Especially for those who have suspiciously "just faded" they may not want to unknowingly supply an apostate with more fodder!!!!!

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I've entertained the thought of getting the mags and reading them to see the twists etc that I never knew about while I was an active dubbie.

I don't think the elders would want to deliver mags to people who aren't going to be paying for them either.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

It shouldnt matter whether the people reading the magazines agree or not. If you are 100% confident about your information you have no fear of critics.

After all God didnt keep his bible a big secret because he thought people might critisize it. He wanted it as widely available as possible (if you believe all that).

If the magazines contain life imparting information they should be easily obtainable by all.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    If the magazines contain life imparting information they should be ;easily obtainable by all.

Can't say better than that!

• TopHat
    TopHat

Today a young Elder in his early 30s from Patterson, from the cong i use to attend came by today to encourage me with some bible verses. So I took the op to ask for magazines, hoping they had the Jan.15th issue of the Watchtower. All his wife had in their car was the Dec. 1st issue.

The two of them are so nice I didn't have the heart to tell them that I am not going back to the KH meetings. I have told two sisters from the cong the reason for me not attenting meetings. If this young Elder knew about that, then he didn't let on. Next time he comes by I will have a talk with him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit