Why Door to Door on Christmas Day Is Not A Good Idea

by blondie 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

Did you have any bad experiences on Christmas Day?

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051210/WIRE/212100303/1117/news

Gainesville.com
    This is a printer friendly version of an article from www.gainesville.com
    To print this article open the file menu and choose Print.

Back

Article published Dec 10, 2005
    Jehovah's Witness attacker sentenced

• SAN BRUNO, Calif. - A woman who used a butcher knife to beat a Jehovah's Witness who knocked on her door on Christmas Day was sentenced to three months in jail.

Cathy Infusino, 52, was also ordered Thursday to spend three months in a work program and serve three years of probation. She pleaded no contest.
  • blondie
    blondie

I have had

a) a dog sicced on me

b) a woman scream in my face that I did not believe in Jesus

c) had a man tell me that couldn't we leave them alone for at least one day

Or a positive experience

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I just refused to go it's F*cking RUDE!

• LDH
    LDH

I went more than once.

• blondie
    blondie

The last time I went was 20 years ago, I never saw anyone happy to see JWs at their door. I give them credit, most non-JWs were polite and hospitable.

Can you imagine if a non-JW called at the door of a JW on the way to the Memorial?

Blondie

• LDH
    LDH

Yeah I was a real sucker. Oh well, I was born into it and woke up at age 26 (ten years ago)

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Even as a loyal dub, I refused to go out in service on Christmas day. I thought that the "pagans" should at least have one day to enjoy themselves in peace.
    I know a few elders though that would do phone witnessing on Christmas. And routinely get blasted by people for interrupting time with their families. Of course, they always found a few lonely elderly folk who were home alone and were happy to have someone to talk to on Christmas day. So sad.
    tall penguin

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

(c) was my usual experience. And then, after I'd regular pioneered for about 8 years (total of 13 before I quit), I decided that I went out in service ENOUGH without doing it on holidays too. I was also one of those irritating people who got all her time in BEFORE the temperatures went over 100 (August) in Dallas and spent the last month lolling around the air-conditioned house (to the great annoyance of my boyfriend who usually need about 150 hours in August to get his time -- fortunately, he married me anyway even though I flat out refused to go out in service with him in August).

Fast forward 25 years later: we all went Christmas shopping together.

Nina

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

I refused to preach on Xmas Day, and New Year's - purely because I felt it wrong to hassle people in the "world" on their special day..Strangely enough, so did Dad...I know the main Elder in the cong' had no trouble with it though.....

• codeblue
    codeblue

I remember going out on xmas day only once as a young teen. The people were nice, because we talked about Jesus, but after that I refused to go. Let them have their holiday in peace!

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit