Do JW's believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?

by daniel-p 12 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Straight from the WTS website:

"Have you ever wondered . . .

Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?

Do they believe that they are the only ones who will be saved?

No. Millions that have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before the "great tribulation," and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. We look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. He has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.—Matthew 7:1-5; 24:21; 25:31. [http://www.watchtower.org/]"

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Oh they're flat out lying. There are some on the board who can point you to the places where they have said that only jws will be saved.

• Jourles
    Jourles

No, they just give a misleading answer. According to their own question/answer, they are not lying. Did you notice how they simply excluded the phrase, "Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe that they are the only ones who will be saved currently living on earth? If they do not clarify the question, they can give any answer that makes them appear honest to the public.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    No. Millions that have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before the "great tribulation," and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. We look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. He has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.—Matthew 7:1-5; 24:21; 25:31. [http://www.watchtower.org/]"

They are doing the same thing here that Gene Smally, bad writer emeritus at the WT, did with voting and church work QFR's.

They are talking out of both sides of their mouths. They say NO. This way they don't seem as radical as they really are; the reality is they believe that ALL but the JW's will be killed at Armageddon.

In this insipid little blurb quoted above they say this, if you blow away the smoke. No, they say; millions will be resurrected. God looks at the heart. But if you are aware of "the truth" and don't do anything, you will be crushed.

This is a prime example of the doublespeak that the WT personifies.

Other examples:

The nations are controlled by the Devil; the nations are put there by God and are really our minister.

The elders are loving; the elders will quiz you about the type of underwear you wore before a sexual encounter, and if you climaxed or not.

We don't put out trust in nobles; we listen on every word coming from the men they call the faithful and discreet slave.

The list of these is very long; what others can you think of?

I think this is one reason so much mental illness exists in the WT.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I can say with absolute certaintly that this is the kind of garbage that opened my eyes after being raised in the truth. WATCHING and HEARING the WTS speak out of both sides of their mouth. They qualify this behaviour by saying it is just using persuasion but it is simply misleading. If I were to treat people this way, it would make me feel dishonest.

DAMMIT I AM PISSED OFF.... my entire life....

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

Why else would someone be one?

• blondie
    blondie

This is a case of how the WTS is deceptive, telling non-JWs one thing and JWs another.

*** w96 1/15 p. 17 Jehovah’s Sheep Need Tender Care ***

As an unbaptized publisher progresses spiritually, he may make a dedication to God in prayer and want to be baptized. (Compare Mark 1:9-11.) He should make his desire for baptism known to the congregation’s presiding overseer, who will arrange for elders to review with the publisher the questions on pages 175 to 218 of Organized to Accomplish Our Ministry. The four parts into which the questions are divided may be covered in three sessions by three different elders if possible. If they agree that the unbaptized publisher has a reasonable understanding of Bible teachings and qualifies in other ways, they will tell him that he may be baptized. As a result of his dedication and baptism, he becomes ‘marked’ for salvation.—Ezekiel 9:4-6.

w89 9/1 p. 19 Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium ***

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. (Revelation 7:9-17; 2 Corinthians 4:4) They will make up the "flesh" that Jesus Christ said would be saved through the worst tribulation of all human history

*** w88 9/15 p. 14 Listen—Jehovah’s Watchman Speaks! ***

The antitypical ‘man in linen’ is the class of anointed Christians. They go from house to house to put a symbolic mark on those who become part of the "great crowd" of Christ’s "other sheep." The "mark" is the evidence that such sheep are dedicated, baptized individuals with a Christlike personality. They ‘sigh and groan over detestable things’ done in Christendom, and they have come out of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. (Revelation 18:4, 5) Their "mark" will make it plain to God’s executional forces that they should be spared during the "great tribulation." They can retain that "mark" by sharing with the anointed ones in marking yet others. So, if you have been ‘marked,’ share zealously in the ‘marking’ work.—Ezekiel 9:8-11.

w87 4/15 pp. 11-12 Gaining Peace With God Through Dedication and Baptism ***

So, in our day, what is the distinctive, lifesaving mark that clearly identifies its bearers as true worshipers and slaves of Jehovah? The symbolic mark is the evidence, as if displayed on your uncovered forehead, (1) that you are a dedicated, baptized disciple of Jesus Christ

*** w82 2/15 p. 31 "What Prevents Me from Getting Baptized?" ***

Only those ‘marked’ for salvation will survive into his new order. (Revelation 7:3, 4, 9, 14; Ezekiel 9:2-6) How happy will be those who have submitted to this ‘marking’ for survival because of being accepted into a dedicated relationship with Jehovah God, as symbolized by water baptism, and continuing in integrity on the narrow road that leads to life!—Matthew 7:13, 14.

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

Yes.

Axelspeed

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

When I wuz a dub, I did not believe that only dubs would be saved.

Now that I'm not one, I can see how that statement contradicts with their "get baptized" propaganda though.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I call bullshit! I call bullshit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit