Scandal of December 2005 km

by IT Support 40 Replies latest watchtower medical

• hideme
    hideme

Hi

It's in the Dutch KM too.

But since they told us on the circuit assembly that 8-year old kids are (quote:) NOT too young to make the important decision to be baptized....I am not surprised anymore... (The br. said, addressing 8 year old children: "Did you already ask your father: When can I be baptized?"

By the way its sooo funny ...an elder told us last week that he missed our kids in KH. He heard of our friends daughter, who is 14 y/o now. Her parents let het make her own decision to visit KH or not. What did the elder tell us:

"Of course it can't be possible that children of 13 or 14 years old decide for themselves wether they visit the meetings or not..."

So let me summarise :

8 years old, a child can make decision to be baptized into an organisation for life.

12 years old, a child can make a decision about health items, and say NO to blood. (or yes...but they don't want to hear that one, of course)

14 years old and a child is NOT supposed to have a personal opinion about meetings in the KH. ???!!! Where's the sense in that?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that is pretty sick to sacrifice your children to WTBTS dogma . It almost sounds like the old Abraham and Isaac story ,, OHH you must be willing to sacrifice you child in order to prove your worthiness to the publishing corporation .

• Balsam
    Balsam

Yes this sickening sacrifice happens and it is taught in the USA as well as everywhere. We had many articles about that and thus while I was a JW along with my then husband and my children we all agreed to refuse blood even if it meant death. We believed and we thought God spoke through the WTBTS. Only after my son's death did I learn better. He refused blood at the accident that might have saved his life. It is a terrible thing to live with as a parent to know you probably ended your child's life.

http://www.ajwrb.org/experiences/mary.shtml

Today my surviving two sons and myself all got out of the JW religion. Only their Dad remains in it. For all you parents who got out without ever facing this blood issue, your fortunate.

Balsam

• sf
    sf
    So let me summarise :

8 years old, a child can make decision to be baptized into an organisation for life.

12 years old, a child can make a decision about health items, and say NO to blood. (or yes...but they don't want to hear that one, of course)

14 years old and a child is NOT supposed to have a personal opinion about meetings in the KH. ???!!! Where's the sense in that?

{slaps knee silly...snort}

EVERYTHING about the WTBTS BOOK PUBLISHING ORGANIZATION is ridiculous.

This type of crap coming out of these elders mouths is no surprise.

{{{ HUGS BALSAM WARMLY }}}

sKally

• Odrade
    Odrade

How on earth is a child going to understand the ins and outs of the WTS stance on "conscience matter" fractions, cell-savers, etc??? They are simply parroting the stance their parents train them to take. How is this a "mature, adult" decision?

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Hi Balsam,

I used to post with you on channel c. Hope you are well.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Sadly as a child I would have refused blood on my own if it had ever come up. I was really convinced that I had to obey Jehoobah even if my parents were not there.

I once had a dream that my parents had to give me up for adoption, and all I could think about in my dream was how i was going to remain a faithful Jehoobahs Witless with the new family I was being sent to, who werent Witlesses. I think I was about 10 when all this was going on in my little head.

I am so VERY lucky that I got out before I had to face this issue for real.

• avishai
    avishai

Sacrificing their children. Just like some ancients used to do to Moloch in the Valley of hinnom.

alt

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I am just appalled that the KM quotes a 1944 case!

Do you know which case that is? It's Prince v. Massachusetts. It's a seminal case against the Society. The facts are that it deals with a woman who wanted her nephew/neice to sell magazines on a street corner in Boston after school & into the evening. Massachusetts had strict child labor laws (this was 1944), and did not want young children out on the streets working. While this case has nothing to do with blood, it has been quoted hundreds, if not thousands, of times against JW parents who refuse blood. If you take the Bar Exam, you have to know this case inside & out. If you go to law school, any "family law" class deals with it & its prodegy for a day or two.

This KM is soooooo misleading to the flock. Theocratic lying, perhaps. But, it's a downright LIE for the Society to try to turn Prince's holding into their cause.

The US Supreme Court Justices who decided that case would turn over in their graves.

Disgusted with the lies,

Skeeter1

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    The youth would need to understand reasonably the gravity of his medical condition and the consequences of his options for treatment

How many adults understand their options with the confusion of the fractions, procedures, etc.according to WT law?

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit