Urgent advice needed

by ballistic 22 Replies latest jw friends

• confused_101
    confused_101

Having you tried yawning? That usually helps my ears pop. Sorry not much help, but I know it sucks! I hope all is better soon.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sinex and Tunes and then a hot steamy bath.

It might not work, but you'll feel better in every other sense

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Sounds like an ear infection to me. You really should see a doctor. What is it about you guys that you hate going to see the doc so much? Every man I have personally known has been that way! **sheesh**

If nothing else, try the chicken soup and some Vicks. Or, here is a recipe we always used: Hot tea, lemon, honey, and a shot of bourbon mixed up in as a hot toddy. Makes you feel oh so much better. (not to be mistaken as enabling your doctor phobia!!!)

Sherry

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The fact that it started with a cough indicates that he probably shunted something up his eustachian tube. I had that kind of thing when I first started Scuba diving. Now I've got tubes like wind-tunnels!

Vicks would be another good option. I'm not so sure Chicken soup is such a good idea over here in Britain, though, as it usually contains a lot of cream, which adds to congestion for some reason. Oxtail might be better - hot and steamy, and inducing swallowing.

My gawd, I can't believe I managed to type all that with a straight face!!

LOL

• Scully
    Scully

Take a hot water bottle, wrap it with a towel so that there's a single thickness of fabric around it. Then lay your head on it, with the plugged ear against it, like you were laying on a pillow. The heat will make the Eustachian tubes open a bit and help any fluid that has accumulated to drain.

Unless you really wanted to go for some of that onion-y goodness. If that doesn't work, hie thee to the doctor's office; you'll probably need some antibiotics. Be careful... sometimes blocked ears (particularly if it's only on one side) can cause you to lose your balance and make you extremely dizzy. I get that every so often... it's called labyrinthitis.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

ROFL...

Good onion jokes, BalliDo you feel better yet? Is laughter really the best medicine?

And I see LT is an advocate for the hot and steamy remediesI've nothing against that.

~Merry

• ballistic
    ballistic
    eustachian tube

Yeah Little Toe both hot and steamy and obviously knows his way round the human body.

• ballistic
    ballistic

and no - I'm still deaf. It's really disconcerting.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    Yeah Little Toe both hot and steamy and obviously knows his way round the human body.

Now you're making me blush...LOL

~Merry

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've had this happen several times. The first time I thought I lost the hearing in the ear and since I was working at the school for the deaf they were able to test my hearing once the cold was gone. Hearing was fine and it was just the pressure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit