Jesus Christ was a Horse Thief

by belbab 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Now What?
    Now What?

Wow, for the first time on JWD I have encountered a thread that is totally blasphemous and built upon hate speech, not so much towards Christians, but against Christ.

It's one thing to speculate on opinions of various authors as to whether Jesus was married or the product of an ellaborate conspiracy propogated by the Roman Emperor. After all, people aren't condemned for ignorance. It is something entirely different to call Jesus a horse thief and then mock Him with your own words.

Now of course, someone might say that we say all kinds of things about the JW here, what's the difference? The difference is emotion based on real personal experiences. People aren't condemned for having feelings. Unless of course, you are saying that He stole your horse.

Even the Atheists on this board are consistant from their own point of view to belief. People aren't comdemned for being critical either.

But saying that "Jesus Christ was ..." anything at least acknowledges a belief in the person, and including "Christ" acknowledges His position. To declare Christ a thief without justification is blasphemous and hate speech.

• belbab
    belbab

Now What

What took you so long to show up? Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

I mean it. I hope you stick around, and hold your ground. Or choose to be quiet or choose of your own accord and leave and I wish you well.

If the posts in this thread are diabolic, then do not the Scriptures say, Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Let me tell you a little story. I told another little story on another post, but I can't direct you there now because I will lose this one.

Back in the hungry thirties when I was a boy, and families were big because people wanted manpower for labor, the kids and our mother, became associated with an evangelical Christian group. Our old man , (we didn't have a father, we were too poor,) was a drunk, a gambler and a brawler. My mother said that once in a brawl, he banged a man's head on the sidewalk so bad that later he died.

Us kids persuaded our old man to give up the booze and we were happy he did for a period of six months. What happened. Another religious man, who knows may a friend of Judge Rutherford or a Communist, came along and showed him all the texts in the Bible where it showed wine was allowed. (It may be this man who said that he could prove that Jesus was a horse thief, but I cannot remember exactly, it may have been someone else. )

Guess what? He returned to the booze and finally died of it finally at the age of 72.

If the Evangelists, that is the teachers of good news, had really told the truth of the good news, our old man, may have become our father. Nevertheless, I loved him, and do not hold hatred of him to this day.

Is Jesus really a horse thief?

This thread may contain content that is hazerdus to your health, viewer discretion is advised.

Let the games go on. If JC can't endure the heat, let him leave the arena , or call down fire from heaven and give us a blast.

belbab

• Carmel
    Carmel

what is it about the qualifier "as" that you don't understand?

carmel

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Now What?,

totally blasphemous and built upon hate speech, not so much towards Christians, but against Christ.

I do believe Jesus can take care of himself. Also, Christians hold the upper hand in most of the Western world, and they have not hesitated to blaspheme other people's gods in the past. Turnabout is fair play, I think.

And is this "hate speech"? Who is being threatened with hellfire here?

GentlyFeral listening to Baby Jesus laugh up his sleeve

• belbab
    belbab

double post

• belbab
    belbab

Carmel, mountain or candy?

Qualifier:
    one that qualifies : as a : one that satisfies requirements or meets a specified standard b : a word (as an adjective) or word group that limits or modifies the meaning of another word (as a noun) or word group

“as”, that is, in the same manner as

So I guess it is established that we cannot say that Jesus Christ is a thief in the night but that he comes in the same manner as a thief.
    So, to play any old tune whether Jesus Christ was a horse thief or not hangs on the two-lettered word “as”. Well I guess that is some improvement over four-letter words.

To clear JC’s name to the satisfaction of all Looney- tune players of the Bible, further enquiry should be pursued.

Irenious says that it takes four accounts of the Gospel to establish it four square.

Mathew, Mark Luke and John
    Hold the horse til I get on.
    (nursery rhyme)

Some bible tune players may say that Jesus could have conned someone to obtain possession of the donkey, foal, colt or pony. Three of the writers say that they got permission to lead the animals away. Mathew says they untied a mare donkey and led it and her foal ( not tied up) away. John and Matthew refer the donkey riding incident to Zech 9:9, where it says that the King would ride on the foal of she-ass, so to prove the prophecy both animals were on hand. The mother would follow the foal or the foal would follow the mother.

So I find no evidence that would allow Jesus to be a horse thief. Which proves for me that any old tune cannot be played with the Bible.

belbab

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    But saying that "Jesus Christ was ..." anything at least acknowledges a belief in the person, and including "Christ" acknowledges His position. To declare Christ a thief without justification is blasphemous and hate speech.

My Jesus is not threatened by this thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit