Scan of 1968 KM that praised people for selling homes (for 1975)

by AuldSoul 10 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Can someone please provide scan of 1968 KM that praised people for divesting their worldly good to spend the remaining years in full time preaching?

AuldSoul

• blondie
    blondie

Reports are heard of brothers selling their homes and property and planning to finish out the rest of their days in this old system in the pioneer service. Certainly this is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world's end.—1 John 2:17
    Kingdom Ministry May 1974 pg.3

http://www.jwfiles.com/1925-1975.htm

http://www.jwfiles.com/scans/KM5-1974p3.htm

• Soledad
    Soledad

I remember being at the hall for the Tuesday night TMS meeting and I wasn't feeling so well so I sat in the library for the entire meeting.

I started to browse through the shelves and found that KM from 1974. I didn't hit me right then but what an eye opener that was! It was one of those things that I kept tucked away in the back of my mind while I was drafting my DA letter.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Blondie....thanks so much for the great info! I knew it was "out there" but I didn't know exactly where to locate this. A few very short hours before I saw your post---this had been brought up by a staunch and stubborn JW who's thread was titles "1975 was right"....whic h I had decided to ignore. Seeing Auldsoul's question and your answer was just too delicious to pass up, LOL!

Thanks again for all your ongoing help!

hugs,

Annie

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Blondie that is just what someone I know needs to see. He'll be able to find it on his on CD-ROM!

AuldSoul

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

AuldSoul...Sunspot....Also check out the scans on this page for some damning statements:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/102359/1.ashx

• Shining One
    Shining One

That KM brings back memories. I was newly baptized after having been brainwashed by a high school friend after years of exposure to the cult by my maternal grandparents.
    Rex

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

That 1974 article got me in trouble. My daughter and son-in-law came back from the district assembly in 2004 and m son-in-law mentioned that there was a comment at the assembly about how foolish it was that there were witnesses selling their homes and property prior to 1975. That comment hit a nerve with me and I said, "Well the Society was encouraging us to sell our homes." He looked at me incredulously and said he didn't believe that. He would have to see it in print. I told him it was in a Kingdom Ministry prior to 1975 and could get it for him. I also made the mistake of also mentioning the flip flop regarding Sodom and Gomorrah and also that I still wasn't sure if it was OK to vote. He looked at me intently and made the statement, "Well there is a faithful and discreet slave." I realized right away that I better stop so I didn't say anything more

However, they went to my elderly father and reported what I had said. They also told him I had questioned the faithful and discreet slave. To make a long story short, my father decided to give his home over to my daughter, his granddaughter. All the years of taking care of my father (and mother who died a couple of years earlier) meant nothing. I am now an outsider, even though that was the only time I have ever opened my mouth.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

I remember years ago in my loyal JW days (I was raised a JW) casually hearing from time to time about the 1975 prediction. Perhaps it was someone on the doors or at work. But other JW's said that the Society never really predicted it, they just hinted at it, so I believed that and used to repeat it on the doors. Then years later when I began to fade I read all the 1975 related quotes for myself and realised that although they never said in any publication '1975 will be when Armageddon starts' they went so close to saying that there was no difference really. It hit me then that all those years I was wrong and the 'apostates' were right! So I started to wonder what other bits of wool had been pulled over my eyes. It was a surreal realisation.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

most witnesses have access to the WT CDrom... and there is a list of KM's dating that far back... so if they don't believe you, they can always check their CD rom

bethel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit