God only hears SOME prayers.....but not all.

by gumby 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serendipity
    serendipity

This is one of many areas where the WTS presumptuously speaks for God. How dare they do that!

I've been on the verge of suicide a few times. I prayed for help and here I am today. I choose to believe God answered those prayers.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Flashing back - I was taught the ONLY prayers God hears is those concluded with 'through Jesus/Christ'.....

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Can anyone here, LittleToe, defd, jgnat or anyone with faith please tell me of one specific prayer they have had answered? Not mocking - asking.

Are you ready for this? 1. I had stopped attending meetings in the winter of 2002 after being active for almost 12 years because I just felt something was not right with the Watchtower Society. I still believed it was the Truth but was troubled by the lack of love I had seen for 12+ years of attending meetings on a regular basis. Around March 2004 I started searching through my Bibles looking for answers as to why I couldn't go back to the Truth. I wasn't DF'd or anything but had been absent from meetings for about a year and a half. I also started praying to Jesus about then because I realised He was really worshipped by His disciples just like all my Bibles except the NWT said. I started asking Him to help me find real truth and not some fairy tale because by then I had seen from my Bible reading in Romans and Galatians that the Wacthtower Society is full of lies. In September 2004, one of the Pharmacist Techs where I bought medicine from started talking to me about Jesus and His love for mankind. I started talking about the paradise to her. She shared with me all the scriptures about paradise, heaven, hell, the resurrection, etc. Then she explained the cross and why it was necessary for Jesus to die on it. I still was a bit skeptical until she took me to her parents' farm and showed me her goats and sheep. I saw why Jesus used the sheep and goats in His parables. The sheep knew only her as their master while the goats would go to me just as quickly as to her. they also ate any kind of food she gave them while the sheep were picky. Then for the clincher, she took me inside and gave me a stack of books and brochures about 2 feet high. they included the following: 30 YEARS A WATCHTOWER SLAVE By W.J. SCHNELL JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES ANSWERED VERSE BY VERSE By DAVID A. REED ANSWERING JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES SUBJECT BY SUBJECT By DAVID A. REED GUIDE TO CULTS, RELIGIONS, & SPIRITUAL BELIEFS BY B. BICKEL & S. JANTZ THE KINGDOM OF THE CULTS By WALTER MARTIN 60 QUESTIONS EVERY JW SHOULD BE ASKED By IAN BROWN 20 IMPORTANT QUESTIONS FOR JW's By WILBUR LINGLE APPROACHING JW's IN LOVE By WILBUR LINGLE THE 10 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS YOU CAN SAY TO A JW By RON RHODES QUESTIONS FOR JW's "WHO LOVE THE TRUTH" By WILLIAM and JOAN CETNAR She had bought them all during the previous 6 months but didn't know why nor had she read any of them. They were in a pile in a corner of her bedroom. I read enough in a week or so to know the WTBTS is a deceptive and misleading religion. Then, I decided to take a chance on the dreaded internet. It didn't take but about an hour for me to find JWD after I started Googling Jehovah's Witnesses. Within 2 months I DA'd from the cult. All this from a casual conversation with a young college kid. 2. I prayed to Jesus constantly for about 2 weeks day and night and asked Him to lead me to a place to worship Him where the people worshipped Him the way He wants to be worshipped and also where they had an organised ministry to the public. A fellow I occasionally talked with on my amateur radio station invited me to his church 'out of the blue' one morning without me mentioning anything about religion, God, Jesus, etc. I haven't looked back since. 3. When I pray the prayer of Jabez (1 Chron. 4:10), God always leads me to someone to witness to about Jesus. I forget to pray it a lot but when I do, strange things happen. Whoever He leads me to gets saved. 4. I prayed that a friend on JWD would accept Christ and make it known public even though my friend is not DF'd or DA'd and would get DF'd if a public profession of faith in Jesus was made. My friend who had been raised a JW since birth and was a former pioneer was baptised as a follower of Jesus last month. 5. When I left the JW cult I had hypertension, fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, low potassium (so low it was approaching lethal levels), intense depression and IBS. 5 months later it was all gone. Some of my friends at church had been praying for my healing. I still have sleep apnea but, hey 6 out of 7 ain't bad.

• robhic
    robhic
    5. When I left the JW cult I had hypertension, fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, low potassium (so low it was approaching lethal levels), intense depression and IBS. 5 months later it was all gone...

Honesty:

I am sincerely glad that you find comfort and even physical well-being in your belief. But, do you think that most of the symptoms (above) could have been caused by the constant stress that JWs are put under and leaving alleviated them? I also seems a trip to the doctor and a thorough physical exam would have probably disclosed the problems you cite and a capable physician could have and most likely would have addressed them with you.

This is not a criticism (who am I to find fault with someone's sincere belief?) but my curiousity. I find many of the things associated with any flavor of organized religion distasteful. In my opinion, I think medical attention along with changing one's mental, wishful thinking attitude is at least as effective.

But that's me...

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

the article calls jehovah the hearer of prayer

doesnt say anything about him answering....or acting on any requests for help

and according to jw teaching..no-one should expect to get prayers answered cos that would mean that god was involving himself in the issue that satan raised...which would be a bit unfair really..

i often think of the times when i was on my knees...in my bed...on the floor...walking the streets...desperately begging jehovah to help me..just even if he could influence the jc to make the right decision..(which was after all what he promised to do)..and i have this picture in my mind of jehovah hearing my prayer and the anguished look on his face as he thought to himself (or maybe even discussed it with jesus or gabriel or any of the other angels cherubs or seraphs in the vicinity)..."oh i wish i could help ian..i know hes genuinely sorry for what he did and i know hes prepared to fix it..and i know the elders on his jc are refusing to listen to him or help or ignore all the lying slanderous rumours that are going about...i wish i could help but i cant..what would satan think!!"

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

If this is the case... That only baptised people or others associated with Jehovah's Witnesses have their prayers heard that contradicts the experiences they publish about people praying to God and the witnesses ending up on their door...

Personally I have prayed to God for guidance on many occasions. I feel he has really helped me in making right decisions. Whether it be by influence or circumstances around me. I think when you prayer God doesn't always answer you directly but he will help guide you. Its up to the individual to go along with the guidance.

• gumby
    gumby

Tijkmo,

the article calls jehovah the hearer of prayer

doesnt say anything about him answering....or acting on any requests for help

They speak out of both sides of their mouth. They also have a book called "the bible, a book for ALL mankind", "how blood can save your life". All worded to sound nice till they lay the hammer down. They ALWAYS lay the hammer down.

Gumby

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe the wt god has call screening. To get on the list that is allowed to be heard, you must be okayed by a co or do. I doubt that elders have enough pull.

S

• gumby
    gumby
    Maybe the wt god has call screening. To get on the list that is allowed to be heard, you must be okayed by a co or do. I doubt that elders have enough pull.

S

Hey ye bastard you! You made me think of something. Considering the Organisations understanding, I wonder if god REALLY hears the prayers of ALL, but then just ignors them....or if he see's others trying to pray..... but he somehow is able to turn his hearing off? It could happen! Gumby

• Golf
    Golf

This God your praying to is quite old, when was the last time he had his hearing checked?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit