God only hears SOME prayers.....but not all.

by gumby 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

That's right. If you are a loser who doesn't know god....but you would like to, and you haven't conformed your life to him, nor fear him yet because you don't know him ....he doesn't listen to you. You MUST conform FIRST.....then he'll listen.

Below are various quotes from the society.

Watchtower, May 15, 1990, pp.11-12 Fear Jehovah, the Hearer of Prayer

Fear Jehovah, the Hearer of Prayer

A Restricted Privilege

"Human kings do not allow just anyone to enter into the royal palace unannounced. An audience with a king is a restricted privilege. So is prayer to the King of eternity. Of course, those approaching him through Jesus Christ with proper appreciation of God's glorious majesty can expect to be heard".

Fearers of Jehovah have made a dedication to God in prayer and symbolized this by undergoing water baptism. They thus have an unrestricted privilege of prayer.

can unbaptized persons be encouraged to pray with the hope of being heard?

Like Cornelius, anyone today progressing toward dedication may be encouraged to pray. But an individual who is insincere about studying the Scriptures, does not know the divine requirements for prayer, and has not yet displayed an attitude pleasing to God cannot be said to fear Jehovah, have faith, or be earnestly seeking him. Such a person is not in position to offer prayers acceptable to God.

Everyone who really fears Jehovah is a believer who makes a dedication to God and symbolizes it by getting baptized. (Acts 8:13; 18:8) And only baptized believers have an unrestricted privilege of approaching the King Eternal in prayer.

So there you have it! If your insincere, don't know the requirements, aren't showing an attitude pleasing to god, don't fear god(even though you never learned about him yet), or if you don't have faith......he won't listen.

Gumby

• Legolas
    Legolas

In Jerusalem, a female journalist heard about a very old Jewish man who had been going to the Western Wall to pray, twice a day, everyday, for a long, long time. So she went to check it out.

She went to the Western Wall and there he was!

She watched him pray and after about 45 minutes, when he turned to leave, she approached him for an interview.

"I'm Rebecca Smith from CNN. Sir, how long have you been coming to the Western Wall and praying?"

"For about 60 years."

"60 years! That's amazing! What do you pray for?"

"I pray for peace between the Christians, Jews and the Muslims.

I pray for all the hatred to stop, and I pray for all our children to grow up in safety and friendship."

"How do you feel after doing this for 60 years?"

"Like I'm talking to a darn wall."

• oldflame
    oldflame

Wait a darn minute here, theres something missing in that qoute gumby. It should say baptised JW's...

So I guess with their own words anyone who is baptised ? They did'nt qoute themselves as being the only ones capable of such......

• oldflame
    oldflame

And besides all of that the scriptures clearly say that God hears all and knows all and reads us by our hearts. He hears all prayers but only answers yes or no in his own due time. God is the creator of us and not us the creator of God. It is also read in the scriptures that if you go through the Christ all things reach the God.

• gumby
    gumby

That's right OldFlame(who's handicap is about 120)

If your a bum under a bridge and decide you've had enough and look to the heavens and cry out to god to please help you and show you the way.......just remember the instructions from N.Y....

But an individual who is insincere about studying the Scriptures, does not know the divine requirements for prayer, and has not yet displayed an attitude pleasing to God cannot be said to fear Jehovah, have faith, or be earnestly seeking him. Such a person is not in position to offer prayers acceptable to God.

I doubt that a homeless despondent poor bum has ANY of the qualities mentioned by the society required for god to hear him in prayer.

Gumby

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Can anyone here, LittleToe, defd, jgnat or anyone with faith please tell me of one specific prayer they have had answered?

Not mocking - asking.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

And only baptized believers have an unrestricted privilege of approaching the King Eternal in prayer.

So, in other words, they are presuming to dictate to God which prayers he's permitted to listen to and which he must ignore. I wonder if they'll DF him if he listens to me?

W

• oldflame
    oldflame

I can tell you one of the most important prayers answered for me was about the WTBS. I told God that if I were to be decieved again I might as well be dead, I was lead to the internet and did a search on JW's. I had no previous knowledge of computers then and did not have my own until about 2 weeks after I prayed. I truly felt that the Holy Spirit directed me to that search. Thats just one !

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

oldflame, hope you don't mind if I pursue this a little further. Could it not be that once you were aware you were being deceived you searched for some answers and found them? Surely it is you that deserves the credit for your efforts in finding out some facts through your own effort and research?

Good for you.

• gumby
    gumby

Here's a quote just for you OldFlame.....since you were ALMOST baptised

( same Watchtower as last quote)...."Some who were at one time progressing toward dedication later may seem to be holding back. If they do not have enough love for God in their heart to make an unreserved dedication to him, they ought to ask themselves whether they still have the wonderful privilege of prayer. Apparently not"............

Apparently OldFlame.... you didn't love god enough or you would have been baptised as one of Jehovahs Witnesses......you god hater you!

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit