HOW THE WTBS CONTINUES TO MISS THE POINT!

by JUSTAMOM 35 Replies latest jw friends

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

*** it-2 880 Scripture ***
    Essential for Christians. Since Jesus Christ constantly appealed to the Hebrew Scriptures to support his teaching, it is important for his followers not to deviate from them. The apostle Paul emphasizes their value and essential nature when he says: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”—2Ti 3:16, 17.

*** w99 9/15 21 What Does Jehovah Ask of Us Today? ***
    JEHOVAH gave the nation of Israel the Law, with its many features. Regarding them, the apostle Paul wrote: “They were legal requirements pertaining to the flesh and were imposed until the appointed time to set things straight.” (Hebrews 9:10) When the Law led a remnant of Israelites to accept Jesus as the Messiah, or Christ, it had fulfilled its purpose. Thus, Paul declared: “Christ is the end of the Law.”—Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:19-25; 4:4, 5.

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello and did you notice.....

your information is paraphrased in the "Insight Volumes" and the "Watchtower"!!??

Please STOP relying on "uninspired" utterances to see truth.
    It is NOT there and NEVER will be. That being the case....why don't you put your trust in ANYTHING ELSE that is mans interpretation/paraphrasing/translation?

As to the recommendation from Ozzie on this post my dear one, PLEASE PLEASE heed the warning at REVELATION 18:4 to "Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to SHARE with her in sins and RECEIVE her plagues."

Praise Jah! He has released me and my immediate family from slavery to man, his ever-changing laws, lack of natural affection and burdens from the WTBS.
    As WE try to walk by faith, worship in spirit and let LOVE dominate in our lives (most of the time try too lol)
    Jahs law will remain on our hearts and not on stone tablets for you who need the organization. (a golden calf to worship)

Just a thought
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

nytelecom1,

I read the quotes from the WT publications with interest. However, as Kim has stated, you are using WT publications to lend weight to your argument. (If, indeed, that is your argument.)

I would invite you to read not from a publication but from God's Word itself. Look at 1 Timothy 5:18 and 2 Peter 3:15,16 for indications that some NT books or material later included in the NT were already considered equal in authority to the OT scriptures.

I cannot see the relevance of the 1999 Watchtower quote to any argument except that since Christ came to fulfiull the Law, it has been done away with. Why do Witnesses continue to uphold the Law that Christians believe Christ has fulfilled?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"Evil is the absence of empathy"
    Movie (2000), Nuremberg

• blondie
    blondie

Here's a scripture.

New International Version (NIV)
    Matthew 23
    1 Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples:
    2 "The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat.
    3 So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

or in the words of a wise man who did not make the Scriptures:

Actions speak louder than words.
    It is better to live a sermon than to preach one.
    Your actions are so loud I can't hear what you are saying.

What is the origin of that phrase "miss the point"

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

JW's do not continue to uphold the law.

Instead they look to it as an indication of how Jehovah feels about things. Many people will say that df'ing is unloving and crude. The org will say that this has precedent in the Greek Scriptures. To the extent that it is practiced JW's will point to the Hebrew Scriptures. Should JW's stone those who sin. Obviously not. Yet those who claim that df'ing is unloving fail to rememeber that the God they worship also stoned sinners. How many of you hear would like to face the same consequences the isrealites faced for apostacy?....Remember..it is the same God ..like it or not

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello nytelecom

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and ask you
    If one is going to disfellowship and shun an individual for "APOSTACY"...what do you consider an apostate to be?

I ask because this slandering term is running rampant throughout the org and the fear they are putting on its members to watch out for.

Now you don't know me from the man in the moon, and grant it, I do believe there are true apostates in this world. For me to judge them, I cannot as it is not my place to. It is our master who will eventually. Sometimes they condemn themselves even!

But just who is an apostate (1) scripturally?
    And who is an apostate (2) according to the org?

Be careful how you answer.
    By your presence on this board you cannot cast any stones.
    By your association with those who are disfellowshipped on this board demonstrates apostate actions on your part.

Asking sincerely

JUST A MOM (Kim) who knows she is NOT an apostate for simply disagreeing with an uninspired WT magazine, and even proving it to her elders scripturally. (which of course they refused to open their bible that night. Either for fear of seeing the truth or fear that a woman might be teaching them something they should have already known.)

• AGuest
    AGuest

WOW! What a thread. May you ALL have peace!

nytelecom... my Lord has directed me to SHOW you the contradiction in your belief. To wit:

*** it-2 880 Scripture ***
    Essential for Christians. Since Jesus Christ constantly appealed to the Hebrew Scriptures to support his teaching, it is important for his followers not to deviate from them.

Specifically, I am directed to direct YOU to his words throughout Matthew that... "you HEARD it was said, but I say to YOU..." and the POINT of those words, which was that HE... had FULFILLED... the Law... and was now establishing... a NEW 'law'. You have been misled in that like your associates, you COMPLETELY misunderstand and fail to get the SENSE of what was previously quoted to you... about adherence TO the Law. Why? Because 'certain men'... false shepherds, have, by THEIR words, imposed THEIR law on you... and you are 'loving it', as my Lord is recorded to have said:

"But it is that the word written in THEIR Law...
    might be fulfilled."

John 15:25

The apostle Paul emphasizes their value and essential nature when he says: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”—2Ti 3:16, 17

Notice the words 'disciplining IN RIGHTEOUSNESS'. If such discipline itself transGRESSES the Law... how is such, then, 'in righteousness'? From the time that my Lord became KING... discipline from my Father and my Lord has to do with the SPIRIT... and NOT the flesh. Thus, it does not EXPEL... rather, it 'refines'. In this manner, then, my brothers were encouraged that AFTER receiving discipline, they were to GET ON WITH IT (their 'commission'). And NOTICE who such 'discipline' was FROM: most CERTAINLY not 'elders', 'priests', 'popes', 'pastors', 'bishops', 'circuit overseers', 'GB members', 'apostles', etc.):

"... for whom JAH loves... HE disciplines;
    in fact, HE scourges everyone whom HE receives
    as a son...

"... HE does so, for OUR profit that we may
    partake of HIS holiness.

"Hence STRAIGHTEN up the hands that hang down
    and the enfeebled knees and keep making straight
    paths... FOR YOURSELVES...that what is lame
    may not be put out of joint... but RATHER...
    THAT IT MAY BE HEALED."

Hebrews 12:7-12

That is the VERY reason why Paul(?) SAID:

"Not that WE... are masters over YOUR... faith."

In addition, dear nytelecom, the word of my Lord to YOU is that Paul... was an apostles to the NATIONS... and at WHAT time were the 'nations' EVER under the Law Covenant? Was that not the very purpose of the dispute over circumcision, that certain men were trying to PUT people of the nations UNDER LAW? The Law was given to ISRAEL... and those that went with THEM... and was between my Father... and THOSE WHO ENTERED INTO SUCH COVENANT... AT SINAI.

When Israel REJECTED my Lord, the 'Way' was then opened UP to the nations... withOUT the Law Covenant... based on HIS sacrifice. For when my Lord died... in the flesh... he FULFILLED such covenant, so that it could be moved out of the WAY... to make way for a NEW Covenant... one open to ALL mankind, and NOT just Abraham's 'seed' and those that went with them. How then, can you, me or anyone else endeavor to put someone ELSE... under a Law that has been 'done away with'... by means of Christ?

*** w99 9/15 21 What Does Jehovah Ask of Us Today? ***
    JEHOVAH gave the nation of Israel the Law, with its many features.

Exactly. ISRAEL.

Regarding them, the apostle Paul wrote: “They were legal requirements pertaining to the flesh and were imposed until the appointed time to set things straight.” (Hebrews 9:10)

Notice the words "until the appointed time to set things straight"...

When the Law led a remnant of Israelites to accept Jesus as the Messiah, or Christ, it had fulfilled its purpose.

Notice the word, "fulfilled"...

Thus, Paul declared: “Christ is the end of the Law.”—Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:19-25; 4:4, 5.

Notice the words "end of the Law." Indeed, the LAW Covenant... said 'no': no to forgiveness, no to mercy, no to releasing... no to love... no to life... but 'yes'... to death. In contrast, by means of the NEW Covenant... indeed BY MEANS OF CHRIST... ALL these things... mercy, love, forgiveness, releasing... and life... became YES. The only 'no'... was to sin... and death.

Thus, the word of my Lord to YOU, nytelecom... is 'hear'... and GET THE SENSE of what "Paul" said. "Christ... is the END of the Law," and that what you are doing, nytelecom, you and your associates, is 'worshiping the FIRST wild-beast... THE LAW COVENANT (Judaism), whose death stroke got healed.'

Jeremiah 15:18; 30:12

The Law Covenant was 'done away with', dear nytelecom... and the WTBTS... the beast that has two horns LIKE a lamb (the WT and AWAKE with it false christ rhetoric)... but speaks AS a dragon (it lies, lies, lies... and misleads, misleads, misleads...) has compelled YOU and others to once again... worship IT.

Hear, dear, nytelecom... and GET THE SENSE OF IT. May you also have 'ears' to hear that "To the making of many books there is NO end... and MUCH devotion to THEM... is wearisome to the flesh."

You want to know what is God's 'will'? Then LISTEN to the One He sent to 'speak to [us] from the heavens'... the One He TOLD us to listen to...

Matthew 17:3
    Hebrews 12:25

... when THAT One says:

"You are searching the SCRIPTURES...
    because you THINK that by means of THEM...
    you will have everlasting life. And these
    (the scriptures) are the VERY ones that
    bear witness about ME. And yet...
    YOU DO NOT WANT TO COME... TO ME."

John 5:39, 40

and STOP putting 'your TRUST... in earthling man... to whom NO salvation belongs!'

Dear nytelecom... may you hear what the Spirit says ... and get the SENSE of it.

I bid you peace,

A TRUE servant to the Household of God, Israel, and a TRUE slave of Christ, by means of a TRUE anointing with the spirit of my Father... HOLY SPIRIT...

SJ, who humbly begs your pardon and asks you, as I beg and ask ALL to forgive... and overlook... my 'zeal'.

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Hello and....

WOW to you. What a thread. What a post.
    May Jahs spirit continue upon you my sister.
    Oh, how I wish that more would truly understand the invitation that our lord wishes for all to partake of! FREE!!!

ISAIAH 55:1-3

"Hey there all you thirsty ones! Come to the water. And the ones that have no money! Come, buy and eat. ........(2)Why do you people keep paying (donating) out money for what is not bread, and why is your toil (works under old law) for what results in no satisfaction? Listen intently to me, and eat what is good, and let your soul find its exquisite delight in fatness itself. (3) Incline your ear and come to me. (not the org) Listen, and your soul will keep alive, and I shall readily conclude with you people an indefinetely lasting covenant respecting the loving-kindnesses to David that are faithful.

May you hear the spirit in this

JUST A MOM (Kim)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Amen... and amen... and amen.

They'll get it, Kimmie. I know they will... for it is my prayer, and our Father answers my prayers.

We just have to be patient... like Him, yes?

Love to you, dearest 'Naomi'!

Your sister and fellow slave of Christ,

Ruth (SJ)

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Yes pray to and worship the god who drowns babies and instructs his followers to kill women and children. What a loving 'god' you worship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit