COURT CASES THE WT HAS LOST!

by badboy 32 Replies latest jw friends

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Workin' on it... :)

kimberlee d.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Somehow I knew Kimberlee would check in.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Here are some good examples of how the both Russell and Franz lied under oath from watchman.org:

http://www.watchman.org/jw/jwcourt.htm

Freddie wasn't quite the scolar he claimed to be.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""Freddie wasn't quite the scolar he claimed to be.""

Why ? Because he wouldn't do what most other translators would REFUSE to do as well ?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Beep,Beep,

Hilarity. That is the only reaction that I felt reading your post. How many translators do you know? How do you know what most translators would do?

If a translator's proficiency were being examined in a court of law as to whether they had truthfully testified under oath they were versed in a given language, your damned right they would translate—to the best of their ability—any sample of the language in question put before them.

On what authority do you say most would not?

Curiously,
    AuldSoul

• badboy
    badboy

dIDN'T HE SAY`i CAN'T TRANSLATE THAT'

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""dIDN'T HE SAY`i CAN'T TRANSLATE THAT' "" Not according to the website quoted. This was taken straight from that website

Q. You, yourself, read and speak Hebrew, do you?

"A. I do not speak Hebrew.

"Q. You do not?

"A. No.

"Q. Can you, yourself, translate that into Hebrew?

"A. Which?

"Q. That fourth verse of the Second Chapter of Genesis?

"A. You mean here?

"Q. Yes?

"A. No. I won't attempt to do that."

DIdn't say he COULDN'T, but would not attempt it.

Just because one knows another language does not make it easy to translate ENGLISH to the other language. Try it some time !!

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

""If a translator's proficiency were being examined in a court of law as to whether they had truthfully testified under oath they were versed in a given language, your damned right they would translate—to the best of their ability—any sample of the language in question put before them.""

Reread it. He wasn't being asked to translate something FROM Hebrew but to translate English to Hebrew. That is why I said what I did. Try it sometime.

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Workin' on it... :)

kimberlee d .

• VM44
    VM44

What is Kimberlee d. working on? --VM44

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit