How Many Came in via Door-toDoor Witnessing?

by JW_Researcher 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Nate Merit
    Nate Merit

Welcome to the board, JW Researcher.

I can only tell you that I did not get involved in JW's thru anyone coming to my door.

Nate

• freedom96
    freedom96

Of hundreds of witnesses I knew, less than 5 came as a direct result from door to door activity.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I'm with IP_SEC. Past 10 years I don't know of anyone who didn't have a coworker, neighbor, secret boyfriend/grilfriend, or relative connected with the organization already.

AuldSoul

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

It's a bit like pyramid sales, word of mouth amongst relatives and friends.

That's why so many whacko sales crazes went thru the jws, marketers saw a gold mine.

I too cannot inagine more than 20% max who became jws via door to door

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    I do not like to...go around and around beating up topics.

Or even directly address them Scripturally a first time, on occasion, eh DefD?

The whole "'paradise' refers to earth restored to the condition of Eden" thing still bugs me.

AuldSoul (of the "I Still Have Unanswered Questions" class)

• defd
    defd

Or even directly address them Scripturally a first time, on occasion, eh DefD?

The whole "'paradise' refers to earth restored to the condition of Eden" thing still bugs me.

OUCH!

D.

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

In my last hall, I can think of one person who came in during my term there.
    In the hall before that, no one came in during my stay there.
    All in all, that means that in five years, only one person came into the organization via D2D in my old halls.
    SNG

• blondie
    blondie

About 10 years ago, during a talking encouraging "informal" witnessing, the speaker asked people to raise their hands if they were contacted at the door. About 40% raised their hands. He pounced on that to show the need to informal witness.

About 5 years later, same type of talk, about 20% raised their hand. So the trend sees to be informal. Also the WTS has been pushing street work, business work, telephone witnessing, and writing campaigns to security locked university dormitories. They know that many people are not home.

Blondie

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Of the 45 in my congregation, some 20 came as a result of direct house-to-house work - including me.

• Grog
    Grog

My family came in directly from the door to door work. And to think we lived way out a dirt road : (

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit