Who is Charles Sunutko?

by VM44 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

I called him up a few years ago- he is living in a glorified trailer park in desert Hot Springs. Moshe made him mad- he said don't call me back (he must have had his time in for the month already). I did find out that he does not feel the least bit of remorse for telling everyone, "stay alive until 1975".

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

ahhh haha Moshe...good job. I didn't think of doing a threah search first. duh. (I just posted a topic about crank calling this guy)

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

quite the story.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I did a Google of the name Charles Sinutko.

I just listened to his famous talk about “Staying Alive Until ‘75’. Even though I came into the Witness religion after 1975, I remember some of that similar language in his talk coming from certain older JWs in the congregation at the time.

I remember hearing: ‘exert yourself vigorously’ and the admonition that if you ‘weren’t out doing all you can’ - you ‘wouldn’t make it’, and that ‘door would be closed’.. I was certainly viewed as being screwed because I had a full-time job!

But, I wonder what he would have to say now about the religion removing its requirement to count time and turn in a slip?

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

LHG - you are living testimony to the fact that WTC gives BAD advice to its members. You had the good sense to ignore them but many did not and are paying the price now. I regularly hear updates on JWs who never planned for the real future that they are now contending with. In none of their sad stories is there ANY mention that they followed bad advice.

Enjoy the day LHG!! You ignored the idiots!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

THOMAS MORE:

Yes, I ignored them but I paid the ‘price’ of being shunned and not invited much! I was pretty much ‘panned’ as they would say.. I was hated for not following the crowd. I remember a naive sister once saying I ‘should get with the program’. I’d be in bad shape today if I got with their program!🙄 Maybe my non-Witness upbringing saved me and I remembered some wise things my Dad said.

Maybe a few of the elderly took ‘pity’ on me and invited me once in a while, and that was nice of them.

I am sorry for any Witnesses who pioneered back then and didn’t plan who finally wake up. What are they supposed to do??? . I’m sure in hindsight they would have planned differently. They’d trade those worthless dinners/gatherings in a heartbeat - and instead would have paid into SS and had a 401K! ..I wish them luck and hope they get some satisfaction or justice, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit