Expecting armageddon...

by Bryan 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bryan
    Bryan

All very good!

Elswere, I'm just thinking in the lines of "what if". I mean what would have to happen for Mother to say "jump" and every Witness would do just that?

Thanks,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• blakky
    blakky

I think regardless of what religion you are, and what beliefs you hold...I think something will happen.

I still believe in a creator, and he will do something that will blow our minds.

No idea what it is, but we as humans can't keep on living like we are today.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

When I was a JW I expected it to play out like this:

US economic crash, resulting in economic and political turmoil around the world

With the USA in shambles, the UN finally gets some teeth and replaces the US as the world's policeman, and quickly goes to work eradicating religion

Then violent earthquakes, celestial phenomenon and all that, then the big A

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I remember when Gorbachev was deposed in Russia, our then po told us, from the platform, not to go to work any more but get out in the service, because he was sure the end was a matter of weeks away. That was over 14 years ago, and I was studying at the time, not baptised, and some did listen to him, but not too many. The dubs just seem to latch on to any world upheaval these days to prove how right they are.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda
    If Israel and Palestine made peace, JWs will see it as a sign of the end.

When a suicide bomber blows himself up in Israel, JWs see it as a sign of the end.

Huh? JW's dont give a hoot about what happens in Israel, Elsewhere. I was a JW for over 30 years and never thought, heard or read anything that gave any significance to what is happening over in modern Israel. You must be thinking of some other religion dude.

• Golf
    Golf

Thansk for the laugh fellows especially you stealth.

Golf

• defd
    defd

What event or events do you think would make every Witness think the end really was around the corner?

Peace between Isreal and Palistine? ------ NO.

Death of the United Nations? ---------Possibly

Def D

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

A Pronouncement of Peace

A Pronouncement of War

A Major weather disaster

A Major terrorist attack

A Major epidemic

Exites the JW's and they start thinking, "this is it", so you see as some of you have said either way, they're covered, the idea is to attribute it to the end being very close, I am so glad I no longer believe that BS, living with the end looming around the corner is an incredibly stressfull way to live, always expecting something that is never coming, it's no wonder so many JW's are taking depression and anxiety meds.

Don't get me wrong I think that eventually at least one nuke will probably go off in US soil, but no, that won't be the big A, just man exerting his power over man, which is something you all know has always happened, just that now their weapons are much more powerfull.

IC (of the I'm so glad I no longer believe this CRAP, class)

• Bryan
    Bryan
    I was a JW for over 30 years and never thought, heard or read anything that gave any significance to what is happening over in modern Israel.

I remember in the '80s how it seemed they were so close to a peace deal. There were thoughts of it being the end.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit