is the point just to be different???

by theinfamousone 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

after years with the jehovahs witnesses and then after years of recovering from being with the jehovahs witnesses, i have recently decided to start researching them.... one thing seems to stick out like a sore thumb...

they are so adamant about being different, about alienating themselves from anyone and everyone else... my question is, is this really healthy??? for a "religion" to be only interested in being different and not being concerned with the bible and love and all that stuff????

the infamous one

• carla
    carla

Isolation. Is how it looks to me. Sometimes just to be different, but mainly just to further isolate the jw from family members. For instance, where I live there will be an ass embly on Dec 24 & 25. Do they even consider ubm's? or their families? Of course not. We are all of satan and not worth the time of day. Another instance is where they first admit to the cross, then it is the stake, then 'who knows', but nevermind we are sticking with the stake theory anyway. Is this simply to be different? Even if there is historical records that indicate a traditional cross?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

And they are only concerned with what outside people think of them when it gets down to the brass tacks. They could care less about what their own think.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It's what cults do.

• rick1199
    rick1199

I believe that is the point. Look at Christmas. The fact that they don’t celebrate it causes JW kids to have to stand out and not join in. Other kids then pick on them. Kids go home up set. Parents explain they are 'no part of the world' and will be picked on. Kids believe they have the truth. Its all crap and a self fulfilling prophecy.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i know its the point... its just bothering me lately, that all they want is that,.... they preach love, but dont act it... they make ppl hate them on purpose.... they basically ask for persecution... and then they make it seem like its good that people hate them and want them dead!!! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT!???

the infamous one

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[Bob Newhart] It's because they believe God has to separate them from the world before he .... .... sep-separates .... well, before he uh separates them from the world.

Yeah, every one of their manmade beliefs hangs on another manmade belief. Sucks, don't it? You must have family or friends trapped and it's eating at you. Is that right?

AuldSoul

• carla
    carla

Oh!!!! Let's not get started on persecution! I think I will absolutely go bonkers if I have to hear about 'persecution' one more time! All together now, it is not persecution to point out the flaws of another religion...... ( from a wt) When I point out that real persecution may include getting your head chopped off like three young girls recently on their way to a Christian school, that seems to hold 'him' for about a half hour. Simply disagreeing is not persecution. How to combat this? everytime they disagree with ask if they are 'persecuting' you. Or the ever famous, look real sad and ask, 'why are you persecuting me like this?' Of couse they will say they aren't, that's when you can say, see? You are simply disagreeing, right? that may last even up to an hour or two! which is all you have anyway.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

its killing me that my mother and my little sister cant see it... but if i say anything to her, i will be cut off from her completely... like my mom is an adult, and if she wants to give her entire life up to be a witness well, thats her call to make.. she knows its all bs, but she likes the illusion of some kind of something so she doesnt have to think... i mean she gave up a very promising carreer as a chartered accountant, so she could pioneer, now she cleans toilets....

my little sister on the other hand is being forced to believe it... and its killing me, i hope she can see that its all shit... i hope.... but right now, shes still in the faze of...

"THEYRE SO DIFFERENT, IT MUST BE THE TRUTH!!!" and im scared for her, i hope the veil is lifted soon enough...

the infamous one

• jstalin
    jstalin

They like the persecution complex because it is somehow a validation of their belief. They are told that they will be persecuted for being ("true") Christians. Then they encounter some sort of ridicule or mild persecution, and they see it as proof they are the real deal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit